YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Go Forth and Conquer (M) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 209 (209 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ✨Skye✨ (last edited Jul 29, 2018 03:19AM) (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Check in here please :)

Team Go Forth And Conquer:
Jenn
✨Skye✨
Sanah
Maria
Siobhan
Heather

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Checking in

message 3: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Checking in :)

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments What are y'all planning to read?

message 5: by Sanah (last edited Jul 23, 2018 09:53PM) (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Checking in! I made a whole TBR for August, but I don't plan on reading everything on the list. Since I'm a mood reader, I wanted to give myself a bunch of options, so anything on that list is something I'll either read or read the month after. TBR shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments My birthday is the 6th but I plan to read the shifters series at least and then some in between

message 7: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Hey again :) I haven't put together a full TBR for August yet, but I did make a spreadsheet so the planning would be easier. I think we should try to put books we're planning to read when the month starts on the first board because we need to unlock one board to move onto the next (If I understood the rules correctly).
Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments I'm on my phone can you add Stray by Rachel Vincent for Board 1. That's my first book of the month

message 9: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I'm still trying to sort some more BRs, but do have a few planned out. I'll try and update the spreadsheet soon :D

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments May seem crazy but I turn 21 on the 6th so im going to try to read 21 books in August

message 11: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 4858 comments Mod
Hey guys, checking in! I'm going to look at the board and see what I can add :)

message 12: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I've added a few, not sure how far to go. I have a BR for Scythe on the 6th which would work for N on our first board, but how quickly do you think we'll flip?

Also Maria-I saw you've added Leah on the Offbeat. Would you like to do a BR for it to get the double points? I could maybe do Stalking Jack the Ripper too, now I think of it.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Anybody want to read Uprooted by Naomi novik with me?

message 14: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments I'd definitely be up for a buddy read, Skye. The only thing is that it would have to be between the 1st and the 5th (because I'm attempting booktube-a-thon like a crazy person and both are on that TBR) If that works for you we could set up a thread for any of those days :)

I'm not sure how fast we'll flip, but I'd guess around 5 days or so? It's really going to depend on how fast we're going to be able to read and how much time we have. Still, I think we could read for the other boards even if we haven't finished the first yet. We just can't post in the review thread before we finish.

This challenge is a bit more difficult to plan than the others I've been in, but I'm confident we'll do great! :)

message 15: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "I've added a few, not sure how far to go. I have a BR for Scythe on the 6th which would work for N on our first board, but how quickly do you think we'll flip?

Also Maria-I saw you've added Leah o..."

I'd also like to join in if you plan on buddy reading Leah on the Offbeat. And I plan on jumping in for the Scythe buddy read as soon as I get the book!

message 16: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments @Maria I was intending on taking part too, so it would be easy to switch up my TBR a little! How about the 2nd and 3rd?
Would one of those dates work for you too @Sanah?

I'm usually on a serious team but this month looked quite complicated. Now I'm planning it though, it really doesn't seem all that bad. 5 days sounds pretty normal :) I guess one of the things we have to decide as a team is whether to bump a book onto the next board if we've completed one that fits for it first.

message 17: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I should have around 20 possible BRs planned, presuming I read all the book in the series BRs by the end of the day.

@Heather-A girl has just posted looking for a BR for Uprooted in the Wanted Reading Buddy thread :D

message 18: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Does anyone have one for the U on the first board? If not, I can find a random Kindle Unlimited title. I've ended up with 6-7 buddy reads in the first 3 days though-wish me luck!

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments I'm going to use Uprooted Skye!

message 20: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Heather wrote: "I'm going to use Uprooted Skye!"

Looks like Sanah has filled it now, but we have a U on board 3 too that we definitely need Uprooted for :D

message 21: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Haha okay!

message 22: by Raven (last edited Jul 28, 2018 02:21PM) (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Wow.. I'm so sorry Skye but I totally missed that question about the dates for the buddy reads XD 2nd and 3rd work fine for me, and I don't mind what book goes on what date.

And good luck with all those buddy reads!

message 23: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2081 comments hey everyone checking in :)

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Hey Siobhan!

message 25: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2081 comments i have added books to the spread sheet not sure what else ill be reading yet

message 26: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments I'm so hyped for this challenge! I have a ton of books I need to get through this month, so this is my motivation lol

message 27: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments So ready to start tomorrow!

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Anybody started their first book yet?

message 29: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I'm starting with Darkfever, which is on board 2 but I'll get it done super fast. Not sure where to go next!

message 30: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I've moved round my books on the spreadsheet a little so I'm going to make a start on The Darkest Minds today after Darkfever.

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Awesome! I'm 60 pages into Stray it's a 618 page group buddy read.

message 32: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Ooh, you'll have to let me know if it's good! I originally planned to read Stray and decided not to without realising you get the extra 10 points. I think I'll have to try and squeeze it in somewhere this month.

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Yes you need to read it. I'm addicted to it.

message 34: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Hopefully I'll find time somewhere amongst the 20 buddy reads xD I may be a little overwhelmed!

message 35: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Haha my goal this month may be out of reach but I'm going for it

message 36: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments I'm at work now but I'm hoping I'll manage to power through a book when I get home to stay on track for the Booktubeathon :)

message 37: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2081 comments I started the leaf reader but I'm in work and have to work till I'm finished to continue I'm about 30 pages in and so far it's really good starts off really well

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Awesome! I got 107 pages into my first book before work and brought it with me to read on break. Hoping to reach page 200 today at least

message 39: by Jenn (new)

I'm starting two today. One I don't have listed on the spreadsheet but I may move things around if it works out or I can just bank it for later :)

message 40: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Hi guys, I only got 40% into Darkfever today as I had a bit of a emergency that threw off my day. A little sad I didn't finish anything on day 1, but hopefully I can do 2 tomorrow :D

message 41: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments I still have 120 pages of my book to go, but I'll have it done tomorrow if everything goes according to plan.

And I hope everything is okay Skye!

message 42: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments My goal today is to get half way into Stray! That puts me to reading 209 pages today

message 43: by Jenn (new)

I should be finishing The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein tonight. I'm also reading books for other challenges that I don't have listed on the spreadsheet, but will add to the unused books tab. Feel free to move things around if they need to be used, I just didn't want to step on anyone's toes and just start moving things :)

We got this!

message 44: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments I finished Darkfever but it took me forever and has really set me back. I HATED it. It's on board 2 so can't post it yet. I have noticed I seem to have a little theme with the word dark-Darkfever, And I Darken, The Darkest Minds xD

message 45: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Maria wrote: "I still have 120 pages of my book to go, but I'll have it done tomorrow if everything goes according to plan.

And I hope everything is okay Skye!"

Thanks Maria!

message 46: by Raven (new)

Raven (raven_reads_and_writes) | 260 comments Hey guys, I finished Ruby Red and I'm a decent way into Leah on the Offbeat. Booktubeathon is really keeping my reading on the right track XD

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments I'm still working on Stray but its a really long book worth the points though!

message 48: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Getting through Prosper Redding and I plan on picking up Now I Rise and Leah on the Offbeat( both for buddy reads) by this weekend

message 49: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2081 comments I'm almost done the leaf reader. I think it's on board 3 though so I can't use it yet. But I'll keep working on my list :)

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather | 10195 comments Planning to finish Orange the complete collection 1 today and keep reading Stray! It's officially my birthday so I have two days off work

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.