The Joy Of Travel discussion

Welcome > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven, Diamond Cowboy (new)

Steven Walle (stevenwalle) | 13 comments Mod
Hello my name is Steven Walle and I am a world traveler.

message 2: by Adele Shea (new)

Adele Shea (adelesheasy) Hello my name is Adele Shea and I don't travel as much as I would like to. These days I do my travelling through books.

message 3: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 66 comments Mod
Hello my name Sophia Pienaar and i travel with my family, also not as much as i'd like to.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments Hi my name is Amy and I like traveling but like Sophia I don't do it as much as I want too. I only really travel during summer winter and long weekends.

message 5: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome Amy :D

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth | 2 comments Hello! I love to travel I don't have the money or time to travel nearly as much as I would like but love it anyways!

message 8: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 25 comments Hello, I'm Tom. I was invited by Steven. I am retired. I like to travel-- road trips, train and cruise trips. I have 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 2 gran cats and 1 gran dog.

message 9: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome, Tom!
Hope you enjoy the Group!

message 10: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 25 comments Sophia wrote: "Welcome, Tom!
Hope you enjoy the Group!"

Thanks Sophia

message 12: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette (jj5again) | 7 comments My name is Jeanette. In my youth I never traveled at all- never got farther than Wisconsin. I always had at least 2 jobs, 3 kids and a husband or 3 kids without a husband. They were my travel. But since about 38 I've traveled. I've seen every American city in depth that holds a major league baseball team, for instance. And I was in East Germany in 1983 when I had to be accompanied by one of their comrades. There are continents I have not visited. And now I find it much more difficult to travel physically. But if someone wants to venture, then I am always there with my toothbrush and eager enthusiasm. I am retired, and live near Chicago, IL- but I'm on an inland lake in MI for huge portions of the hot weather months. The last few years have been domestic and all along the Gulf Coast from Texas to FL's panhandle too.

message 13: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome Jeanette! I hope you have a wonderful experience with this group!

message 14: by anotherfungurl (new)

anotherfungurl | 4 comments Hello I am Firangiz, I am a teenager and I have traveled to several countirea with my dad before...

message 15: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome FreeFD !!!

message 17: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Hi I'm Rumell Lhan.

message 18: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome!

message 19: by Amany (new)

Amany Al Sayyed (amanysayyed) | 1 comments Hello everyone glad to meet you

message 20: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome, Amany!
I hope you have a great time on this group, make lots of friends and learn about tons of adventures around the world.

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hi, I’m Elizabeth. I live in Kansas City now, but have lived all over the US. My husband was in the military. We’ve lived in San Francisco, St. Louis, Hawaii and northern Virginia. We love to travel!

message 22: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome!
That sounds like an awesome an exciting life!

message 23: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 2 comments Hello, I am La Tonya. I love to travel. I have been to 48 states in the U.S (including Hawaii). Canada, Caribbean, Puerto Rico , and Mexico. My dream trip is to travel to South Africa.

message 24: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

La Tonya wrote: "Hello, I am La Tonya. I love to travel. I have been to 48 states in the U.S (including Hawaii). Canada, Caribbean, Puerto Rico , and Mexico. My dream trip is to travel to South Africa."

Hello and Welcome La Tonya!
South Africa is beautiful.
I hope you get to see it's beauties one day.

message 25: by CrabbyPatty (last edited Jul 25, 2018 11:14AM) (new)

CrabbyPatty Hi! I'm CrabbyPatty and I love to travel! In fact, I get a bit antsy if I don't have a trip or two planned.

My friends call me Travel Patty and I love to spend a huge amount of time researching everything under the sun for a place I'm visiting .... and then I toss out all the notes and just enjoy myself!

message 26: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 2 comments Sophia wrote: "La Tonya wrote: "Hello, I am La Tonya. I love to travel. I have been to 48 states in the U.S (including Hawaii). Canada, Caribbean, Puerto Rico , and Mexico. My dream trip is to travel to South Afr..."

Thank you for the warm welcome.

message 27: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 3 comments Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I love travel and travel stories!

message 28: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome CrabbyPatty!
I hope you enjoy this group and have a super fun time here!

message 29: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

La Tonya wrote: "Sophia wrote: "La Tonya wrote: "Hello, I am La Tonya. I love to travel. I have been to 48 states in the U.S (including Hawaii). Canada, Caribbean, Puerto Rico , and Mexico. My dream trip is to trav..."

:D

message 30: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Hi! My name is Elizabeth and I love travel and travel stories!"

Welcome!

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments Welcome everyone hope you enjoy this group

message 32: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Morrison | 6 comments Hello, my husband Derek invited me to join as we are both avid travelers. We are committed to visiting one new place every year. I look forward to hearing and sharing travel stories, tips and memories.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments Nice to meet you. Welcome to the group.😉

message 34: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Morrison | 6 comments Amy wrote: "Nice to meet you. Welcome to the group.😉"

Thank you! This is my first goodreads group :)

message 35: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome Christina. I hope you enjoy being part of this group!

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 52 comments You'll definitely enjoy it here Cristina

message 37: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Morrison | 6 comments Thanks for the warm welcome!!

message 39: by Samanta (new)

Samanta   (almacubana) Hi, everyone! My name is Samanta. I'm from Croatia where I work as a tour guide. I have an MA degree in tourism so you can see, I'm really passionate about traveling and meeting new people. Unfortunately, due to life circumstances, I didn't get to travel as much as I wanted to, but I hope to rectify that. :)

message 40: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome Samanta!
I hope you love this group!

message 42: by Janessa (new)

Janessa Hi I'm Janessa, I live in Colorado, I don't travel all that much, but I would like to see more of the world.

message 43: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Welcome Janessa! I'm so sorry i didn't welcome you sooner!
I hope you like being in this group!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Hello all! I’m an old user of Goodreads, but haven’t been active for the past couple years while my girls were super small. Now that they’re a little more independent, I plan to up my group participation! My husband and I live in Muskoka, and I work as a librarian. We have two kids, and we all love to read. I’m the biggest reader by far, but I’m sure the girls will catch up soon. I love any and all genres, but I have a soft spot for a good family drama! My dreams of travel are fueled by my books, and I go EVERYWHERE through them.

message 45: by Sophia, CO-MOD (new)

Hello Maggie! Welcome to to The Joy of Travel! I hope you get to discover something new about the world through this group.

message 46: by Pavani (new)

Pavani | 1 comments Hi all, I'm Pavani.I'm from SriLanka. I'm also a traveler. But now I'm traveling only in Sri Lanka. Did anyone here travel to Sri Lanka?

message 47: by Dee (new)

Dee Montoya | 2 comments Hello my name is Dee and I am a traveler. My husband and I are busy accountants so every year after tax season we travel our country, and the world. We have two teenage daughters who also love to travel. My favorite vacation to this day was visiting Bora Bora in the French Polynesia. Being from Miami I adore the beach so those are my favorite type of vacations.

message 48: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 25 comments Welcome Dee

message 49: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (elven) Hello everyone...if anyone still comes to this group. Apparently I've had the invite sitting there a lot longer than I thought.

I'm Olivia. I live in a tiny town in North Central Kentucky. I don't get to travel much but I hope to in the near future.

My dream trips are the northeast in the USA, England/Scotland/Ireland, Tuscany, Italy, Greece and Finland.

message 50: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 25 comments Welcome Olivia