Support for Indie Authors discussion

Writers Workshop > Beta Readers Wanted for the First Two Chapters of First Novel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hailey (last edited Jul 21, 2018 07:14PM) (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 24 comments Hi there. My name is Hailey Sawyer and I'm looking for beta readers to provide feedback on the first two chapters of my first novel.

The novel is called Kenji and Yuki: A Japanese Tale and it's a coming of age, romance, and fiction story that takes place in modern day Japan, specifically late 2016, and is geared towards western Young Adult and Adult audiences. I wrote up a little summary for the novel this goes like this:

"Easily distracted sixteen year old Yuki Sakamoto has been living in Shinjuku ever since she left her aunt's place in Nagoya six months prior. One night, she discovers a horrific secret in the abandoned apartment she's currently staying at and reluctantly decides to leave the next day, as she has nowhere else to go for the night. Through various misadventures in different parts of Japan, such as Shinjuku, Ginza, and Denenchofu, she will learn many things and even find someone who she slowly grows to love."

If you're interested, let me know in the comments below and I will send you a PM that'll give you more details about my novel. In your reply to the PM, please include your email address so I know where to send the chapters.

Thank you and have a nice day!

message 2: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Skilton | 17 comments I'll give it a try. silverfoot@mac.com

message 3: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4346 comments Mod
Uh... no. Despite what Hailey is requesting IF YOU PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE COMMENTS, YOU ARE AT RISK! As I and other mods have pointed out (CB very recently on a similar thread) this is a public forum and can be accessed by anyone, human and robot alike.

It would be better to send your email address to Hailey in private message.

message 4: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 24 comments Dwayne wrote: "Uh... no. Despite what Hailey is requesting IF YOU PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE COMMENTS, YOU ARE AT RISK! As I and other mods have pointed out (CB very recently on a similar thread) this is a pub..."

Hi Dwayne. Even though I'm still kind of new to requesting beta readers, I apologize for making that request and edited the post so that the second to last part says:

"If you're interested, let me know in the comments below and I will send you a PM that'll give you more details about my novel. In your reply to the PM, please include your email address so I know where to send the chapters."

Thank you and have a nice day.

message 5: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Spicer (arwen_spicer) Hi Hailey. Would you be interested in doing a beta read trade? Your novel sounds fun. I'd be glad to get some initial feedback on the novel I'm currently drafting, which is an m/m sci-fi (but low tech) love story. Warnings: Not YA and the first couple chapters are dark and only one of the main romantic partners is introduced.

message 6: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 24 comments Arwen wrote: "Hi Hailey. Would you be interested in doing a beta read trade? Your novel sounds fun. I'd be glad to get some initial feedback on the novel I'm currently drafting, which is an m/m sci-fi (but low t..."

I sent you a PM.