Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > SOLVED Help Me, please, Harlequin Present, not sure on title

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Jul 20, 2018 06:06PM) (new)

Kristen This is one of my favorite Harlequin Presents when I was in high school. I believe it is a late 1980's or early 1990's, but not positive.

Characters -
Heroine (not sure on name) was female best friends with this couple. She was asked to be the godmother of their new baby girl.

Hero (not sure on name) was male best friends with same couple. He was asked to be the godfather of their new baby girl.

Setting: London, England

Plot: The best friends were killed in an accident of sorts. The baby girl was initially left in the godmother's care. She was an actress or a poor student. She got sick, very ill, and asked the state to step temporarily to help take care of the baby girl. After the godmother got better, the state wouldn't give the baby back.

The godmother was desperate and went to the godfather. He distrusted the godmother because on the christening day of the baby. She went to change her dress and didn't realize it was the godfather's room. He came in and saw her undressing, so he assumed she was the wrong sort of woman. Back to the problem, the godfather basically said he was going to get the baby, but the agency wouldn't give him the baby girl because he was a bachelor. In order to the solve the problem, they agreed to get married in name only. However, they both have feelings for each other. Both fall in love, blah, blah, it comes out that the godfather's first wife wasn't a good sort of person.

I would LOVE to know the title, because I would like to see if I can buy it.

Any leads would be great.

Thank YOU.

message 2: by Robbin (new)

Robbin | 10 comments Desperate remedy by Angela Wells.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Robbin wrote: "Desperate remedy by Angela Wells." Thank YOU! I think this is it. I so appreciate you helping me.

message 4: by Robbin (new)

Robbin | 10 comments You are welcome. I love the book.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Robbin wrote: "You are welcome. I love the book." I just purchased it. I can't wait to reread it. I have thought about this book on and off for years.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.