Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Read this today on Medium

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1228 comments Mod
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” — Albert Einstein

Do you think this applies to us as authors?

message 2: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments I’ll say yes because I had to change genre :-)

Couple that sentiment with: if you want the same result, do the same as before. If you want something different then do something different.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments D.J. wrote: "I’ll say yes because I had to change genre :-)

Couple that sentiment with: if you want the same result, do the same as before. If you want something different then do something different."

Very wise.

I'll throw in

'You must adapt to survive, dinosaurs didn't and look what happened to them.'

message 4: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1228 comments Mod
My kids are constantly daring me to reinvent myself. It really works.

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments Carole wrote: "My kids are constantly daring me to reinvent myself. It really works."

Doesn't work so well for me, I'm a dinosaur waiting for that asteroid. I readily admit that I have real difficulty with change.

message 6: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Yep. Dinosaurs lacked a bit on the adapting ability.

I think doing new things is always good. Perhaps not embarking on a career as a serial killer. Something less messy maybe.

message 7: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Depends on the change though, Alex. I resist change unless it’s something I want to do.

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 348 comments D.J. wrote: "Depends on the change though, Alex. I resist change unless it’s something I want to do."

I wish I could be more adaptive when it comes to my writing and embracing new ways of getting my books out there and seen by people but it's a struggle.

message 9: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 246 comments Well yes, speaking at a library might be a thing but I’m never going to do it.

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Alex wrote: "Carole wrote: "My kids are constantly daring me to reinvent myself. It really works."

Doesn't work so well for me, I'm a dinosaur waiting for that asteroid. I readily admit that I have real diffic..."

ok, but dinasaurs lasted several million years..!

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread