Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Getting To Know You! > Authors list your new releases here

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4588 comments Mod
Let us know the name and date of your newest release and hopefully we'll all share

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1701 comments Kathleen and I released the third Howard County Mystery, Ice on the Bay, in February, 2018. It's available at Amazon and B&N in ebook formats, and at Serpent Cliff (the publisher) in print and ebook.

message 3: by Theodore (last edited Jul 20, 2018 06:43AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction, Flash Fiction Anthology, Book 5, July 5, 2018

Pepe Construye un Nido, Spanish Kindle edition of illustrated childrens storybook Pepe Builds a Nest, July 17, 2018

Pepe Construit un Nid, French Kindle edition of illustrated childrens storybook Pepe Builds a Nest, July 18, 2018

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Poetic Justice (The Oakhurst Murders #2) by Alex R. Carver was released on June 14th, and there's just 2 days left to get it for 66% off, so I would be grateful for any help in spreading the news.

https://www.books2read.com/b/bazn98

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/poet...

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Quinn | 46 comments "Stay West, Young Woman!" was released last week. It is the sequel to "Go West, Young Woman!" and is available in bookstores and online. Thank you, Carole. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1555719139

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Nancy wrote: ""Stay West, Young Woman!" was released last week. It is the sequel to "Go West, Young Woman!" and is available in bookstores and online. Thank you, Carole. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1555719139"

Tweeted it for you. Best of luck.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Quinn | 46 comments Alex wrote: "Nancy wrote: ""Stay West, Young Woman!" was released last week. It is the sequel to "Go West, Young Woman!" and is available in bookstores and online. Thank you, Carole. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1..."

Much obliged, Alex.

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1117 comments My newest release is One Dark Soul (The Dark Moon Trilogy #3) by Anna Faversham

It's #3 in The Dark Moon Trilogy.

message 9: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "My newest release is One Dark Soul (The Dark Moon Trilogy #3) by Anna Faversham

It's #3 in The Dark Moon Trilogy."

Tweeted it for you.

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1117 comments Thank you!

message 11: by Ed (new)

Ed Morawski | 3 comments My first by a 'publisher' (a small one but what the heck!).

FLIT by Ed Morawski

message 13: by Theodore (last edited Jul 24, 2018 01:29PM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments I just published (which is to say, it's now on pre-sale, for release on September 5, 2018) a new book of Flash Fiction for animal lovers:

Who doesn’t like a good animal story?! That’s why we created this special edition for our series on Flash Fiction. The contents of this seventh Flash Fiction anthology are drawn from the 438 stories found in Books 1 through 6, incl., of the Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction anthologies and are devoted entirely to our friends from the Animal Kingdom. Here you’ll find stories about loyal canines, mischievous felines, photobombing birds, and other creatures, large and small, that will make you smile, perhaps shed a tear, but always leave you thinking about this strange and awesome road we call “life.” The stories, each 250 words or fewer in length, are best compared to a handful of peanuts or M&M’s. Which is to say, they’re tiny, bite-sized morsels that won’t let you stop with one!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FSL925V

message 14: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Coming soon: Book 8 in Our Flash Fiction Anthology series:

Flash Fiction Stories of the Young

George Bernard Shaw once said: “Youth is wasted on the young.” Hopefully, you didn’t waste yours! Growing up as six-year-old child working in the coal mines of England in the 19th century, for example, precluded anything even close to what today would be considered a “normal childhood,” much less giving you a good chance of living past 30. Your chances of surviving to old age were somewhat better if you were born during the Great Depression, though then, many children often went to bed hungry. Compare their lives to those of children born after World War II. This anthology comprises 73 stories related to childhood selected from the 438 stories found in Books 1 through 6, incl., of the Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction anthologies. The stories, each 250 words or fewer in length, are best compared to a handful of peanuts or M&M’s. Which is to say, they’re tiny, bite-sized morsels that won’t let you stop with one!

Kindle Edition now on Pre-Sale

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Psst…did you recognize the young woman whose photograph appears on the cover? That’s Alice Liddell of “Alice in Wonderland” fame, here dressed as a beggar-maid. The seductive photograph was taken by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, aka Lewis Carroll in 1858. Alice’s parents eventually became suspicious of Lutwidge at one point (he was a photographer and fond of taking pictures on young women). Eventually, they excluded Lutwidge from their and their three daughter’s life. Ted

message 15: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Theodore wrote: "Coming soon: Book 8 in Our Flash Fiction Anthology series:

George Bernard Shaw once said: “Youth is wasted on the young.” Hopefully, you didn’t waste your..."

Tweeted it out, best of luck.

I saw a program about Lewis Carroll and the suspicions about him a while back, it was an interesting watch, though slightly uncomfortable if you're a fan of Carroll or Alice in Wonderland.

message 16: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "Coming soon: Book 8 in Our Flash Fiction Anthology series:

George Bernard Shaw once said: “Youth is wasted on the young.” Hopefully, you didn..."

Thanks, Alex. And yes...that thing about Lewis Carroll and Alice was very uncomfortable to read.

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1117 comments Lynn Truss wrote a book Tennyson's Gift & Going Loco which is very interesting and quite funny and Lewis Carroll gets a 'mention' or two...

The FF sounds super.

message 18: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Lynn Truss wrote a book Tennyson's Gift & Going Loco which is very interesting and quite funny and Lewis Carroll gets a 'mention' or two...

The FF sounds super."

Thanks, Anna!

message 19: by V.A. (new)

V.A. Trafton Released April 5th,2018 Gabby For President. http://ow.ly/Dsu730jcwxG

message 20: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments This is to announce the release of the sixth book in our Flash Fiction Anthology series, Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction: Flash Fiction Anthology – Book 6, by Theodore Jerome Cohen and Alyssa Devine. (Know that Alyssa Devine is a pen name used by Theodore Jerome Cohen for Young Adult (YA) and some other writings.) Available in Kindle and paperback.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWT67P6

message 21: by Shari (new)

Shari Sakurai (shari_sakurai) | 5 comments My latest novel New Era (Perfect World) by Shari Sakurai was released on 28th May. It's the second novel in my Perfect World series.

message 22: by Hoang Chi (new)

Hoang Chi Truong | 5 comments My memoir was published last year in paperback but I just finished narrating and released it on Audible, Amazon, and iTunes in July. It's currently #1 Best Sellers https://adbl.co/2LLnR7p
Thank you for your support.

message 23: by Stephen (last edited Aug 24, 2018 12:46AM) (new)

Stephen Bentley (hellno) | 4 comments Dilemma is Book 2 in the Steve Regan Undercover Cop series released in July, 2018.
Some great UK reviews in already but would love some more US reviews :)
Dilemma (Steve Regan Undercover Cop #2) by Stephen Bentley

message 24: by Helen (new)

Helen (helenpicca) | 48 comments Just published this labor of love. Part memoir and part self-help book, of how I got on, then off, the hamster wheel and found happiness. "When was the last time you asked yourself, 'Am I happy?' "
From the Hamster Wheel to Happiness in 10 Easy Steps

message 25: by Peri (new)

Peri June (perijune) | 81 comments My newest release is a YA contemporary romance.

Omitted

Omitted by Peri June

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZGSPXR

message 26: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 285 comments Released just this month, the start of a new series for me. Hope you'll check it out :)

Singularity (Singularity #1) by Eldon Farrell

message 27: by Theodore (last edited Sep 05, 2018 08:02AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments My new book, Flash Fiction for Animal Lovers, went "live" this morning (September 5, 2018), in Kindle and paperback editions:

Who doesn’t like a good animal story?! That’s why we created this special edition for our series on Flash Fiction. The contents of this seventh Flash Fiction anthology are drawn from the 438 stories found in Books 1 through 6, incl., of the Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction anthologies and are devoted entirely to our friends from the Animal Kingdom. Here you’ll find stories about loyal canines, mischievous felines, photobombing birds, and other creatures, large and small, that will make you smile, perhaps shed a tear, but always leave you thinking about this strange and awesome road we call “life.” The stories, each 250 words or fewer in length, are best compared to a handful of peanuts or M&M’s. Which is to say, they’re tiny, bite-sized morsels that won’t let you stop with one!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FSL925V

message 28: by Carole (new)

Nice

message 29: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Thanks!

message 30: by Alicya (new)

Alicya Perreault | 90 comments Hi everyone, I'm new here and my book is Taming Crazy: Confessions and Lessons a part memoir/ part self-help book.
Looking forward to reading through the forum

Alicya

message 31: by Carole (new)

Hi Alicya. Nice to meet you!!

message 32: by Alicya (new)

Alicya Perreault | 90 comments Thanks for the welcome Carole.

message 33: by Hoang Chi (last edited Sep 15, 2018 04:31PM) (new)

Hoang Chi Truong | 5 comments TigerFish: A Memoir
Hello friends,
I narrated and published my audiobook late July and just found out by chance on Amazon that it became available on Whispersync on Audible. They never emailed to let me know that it met their requirement. It's great news though because it means that Kindle readers can now buy the audiobook version for half price and able to go between ebook and audiobook without losing their place. I think this is pretty useful technology. Anyone here with the same experience, or waiting for their audiobook to be synced?

message 34: by Carole (new)

Yes. I'm waiting right now. I check every day to see if it
s gone live. They are very slow.

message 35: by Hoang Chi (new)

Hoang Chi Truong | 5 comments Carole, it took them about 6 weeks for mine! I wish they would let me know though. Best wishes on yours. Do they ever reject any?

message 36: by Carole (new)

Yes. They rejected two of mine for sound or loudness adjustments. You may want to call and ask if there is a problem. Once we called and identified the issue we fixed it and it was published a week later. Six weeks is too long

message 37: by Hoang Chi (new)

Hoang Chi Truong | 5 comments The six weeks was for whispersync to be available. My audiobook was published in late July. Thanks.

message 38: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hockaday | 79 comments Release Date: September 2018

Title: Through The Eyes of Children: Poems of Young Victims of Neglect, Abuse, and Violence.

Paperback: $5.99 eBook: $2.99

www.amazon.com/dp/1723772259

message 39: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 1 comments My first book, Remade, was released in August! It's YA/Sci-Fi and the first in a trilogy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Burovac (m3lissab33) | 8 comments Aloha! I'm celebrating the release of my newest book "Surfer, Sailor, Smuggler: Tales of Living" by giving it away for free on Amazon!

The Kindle version is free at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JHMPC4Q/

The paperback will be available next week.

Surfer, Sailor, Smuggler: Tales of Living

Journey by boat from California to Mexico to Hawaii and beyond, surfing, sailing and smuggling drugs. This adventure book is based on true stories from real pirates on Kauai.

Get the free download before it goes to regular price in two days!
Thank you for reading.

message 41: by Carole (new)

Welcome to the group, Melissa!

message 42: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1417 comments Whoops...almost forgot...

This is to announce the release of the eighth book in our Flash Fiction Anthology series, Flash Fiction Stories for the Young , by Theodore Jerome Cohen and Alyssa Devine. (Know that Alyssa Devine is a pen name used by Theodore Jerome Cohen for Young Adult (YA) and some other writings.)

Comprising 73 stories in a wide variety of genres, these tales—each 250 words of less and “prompted” by an intriguing photograph—are sure to enthrall you with their humor, pathos, and intrigue. (The photographs in the Kindle edition are in color.)

A reprint of what can be found on the back cover is below, as is the link to the book’s page on Amazon.com:

“George Bernard Shaw once said: “Youth is wasted on the young.” Hopefully, you didn’t waste yours! Growing up as six-year-old child working in the coal mines of England in the 19th century, for example, precluded anything even close to what today would be considered a “normal childhood,” much less giving you a good chance of living past 30. Your chances of surviving to old age were somewhat better if you were born during the Great Depression, though then, many children often went to bed hungry. Compare their lives to those of children born after World War II. This anthology comprises 73 stories related to childhood selected from the 438 stories found in Books 1 through 6, incl., of the Creative Ink, Flashy Fiction anthologies. The stories, each 250 words or fewer in length, are best compared to a handful of peanuts or M&M’s. Which is to say, they’re tiny, bite-sized morsels that won’t let you stop with one!

“If you like your fiction entwined with fact (“faction”), this collection of flash fiction (less than 250 words per story) is for you! Theodore Jerome Cohen is an award-winning author who has published more than ten novels—all but one of them mystery/thrillers—two short-story anthologies, and one Young Adult (YA) mystery/thriller written under the pen name Alyssa Devine. During his 45-year career he has worked as an engineer, scientist, CBS Radio Station News Service (RSNS) commentator, private investigator, and Antarctic explorer. What he’s been able to do with his background is mix fiction with reality in ways even his family and friends have been unable to unravel!”

I hope you enjoy all of these anthologies and would love to hear what you think of the stories. You can write to me via my Website. And, as always, reviews are welcomed with open arms!

You’ll find Book 8 on Amazon.com at the URL below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

If you’d like to read one of the stories in Book 8, visit the book’s Webpage on my Website, and click on the hotlink for “View an Excerpt.” There, you’ll find an interesting exchange between a little girl and someone at the door who wants to speak with her mother.

https://www.theodore-cohen-novels.com...

As always, thanks for your support.

Ted (aka Alyssa Devine)

PS: Did you recognize the young woman whose photograph appears on the cover? That’s Alice Liddell of “Alice in Wonderland” fame, here dressed as a beggar-maid. The seductive photograph was taken by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, aka Lewis Carroll in 1858. Alice’s parents eventually became suspicious of Lutwidge at one point (he was a photographer and fond of taking pictures on young women). Eventually, they excluded Lutwidge from their and their three daughter’s life. T

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Burovac (m3lissab33) | 8 comments Carole wrote: "Welcome to the group, Melissa!"

Thanks Carole!

message 44: by Shyrwyn (new)

Shyrwyn Clemente | 1 comments Hi! I've recently updated the content of my first memoir, First I Was Naive:

First I Was Naive What Really Happens When You Quit Your Job and Travel the World to “Find Yourself”? by Shyrwyn Clemente

I am now working on the second book of the series (still untitled), which will be released on December.

First I Was Naive in an anti-fairy tale for Digital Nomads. It starts with me quitting a stable, well paid job in Paris, thinking I could start making a lot of money working online after just a few months, which of obviously didn't happen (hence the title, First I Was Naive).

In the end, all my expectations were crushed, however, I've achieved other things that I really wanted but was not expecting.

I'm not really comfortable praising my own book (maybe someday?) but people I know that have read the book swear it's really exciting and inspiring. Hope they're telling me the truth! ^^

message 45: by Loh (last edited Nov 03, 2018 04:00PM) (new)

Teck Loh | 1 comments Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hi guys! Just want to let you all know that my book, Guards Gone Wild!, which was printed in September and made available for sale in October.

The book is a memoir of my experiences in the private security industry. There’s plenty to tell. Scams perpetrated by security agencies and guards. Intense confrontations with delinquents and work colleagues. Funny moments to make you laugh and frustrating moments that made me cry. And so on and so forth.

But I don't want you to just laugh or cry along with me. In order to reduce conflicts between security guards and the general public, I think there are some serious questions that need to be asked.

For example, why are some shopping malls are more popular with delinquents than others? Why do security guards get cranky when customers want to enter the department store at the very last minute? Are security guards overworked? What are the negative effects of sleep deprivation? The answers to these questions and more can be found in my book.

Which is available at https://localbooks.sg/products/guards...

A copy costs 20 Singapore dollars before GST.

Shipping within Singapore is FREE for all orders delivered via SingPost. For international shipments, shipping fees is a flat rate of 20 Singapore dollars.

message 46: by Rocio (new)

Rocio Monroy (rociomonroy) | 39 comments Bilingual in training: Alphabet activity book

* Super fun and easy activity book for kids to learn the alphabet and other words in Spanish. * You don't need to be bilingual to teach a second language to your little ones.

Bilingual in training activity book is available on Amazon since September 12th

http://a.co/d/8pvsFjt

message 47: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Coggeshall | 7 comments I just released an updated version of my book, "How to be Happy Alone," on Amazon KDP. I would be happy to send a free copy if you'd like to review!
https://www.amazon.com/How-Happy-Alon...

message 48: by Nancy (new)

Nancy O'Hare (bynancyohare) Released this week, Searching for Unique is for travellers seeking hidden destinations with lasting impact.

Discover over 25 places across 5 continents with short stories, maps, local phrases and other on-the-ground advice all grouped into themes like little-known hikes and fallen kingdoms.

Available at most online bookstores and select physical shops.
Choose from a paperback (black & white interior and colour editions) or an eBook.

http://www.bynancyohare.com/searching...

message 49: by Jen (new)

Jen Grey (jenlgrey) | 1 comments I just found this board! This released on Oct 25th so I'm a little late but I have it for sale for .99 cents for today and tomorrow! It's on Amazon and available in KU.

Hidden abilities, haunting memories, and one confused girl.

I’m a reaper. Death should come naturally to me, but it doesn’t. And the abilities I am able to conjure are forbidden by my kind. My parents try to hide my abilities, but when the elders assign my first target, they order my parents to stay back.

Now I’m on my own, with no one to protect me, no idea what I’m doing, and no control over the powers I’m supposed to keep hidden.

I should have known this would blow up in my face.

My family name is ruined, and I have to fix what I’ve ripped. I’m not sure I have what it takes. The fate of my entire kind is on my shoulders, and I’m the only one who can make things right. But if I mess up again, it won’t just be my family that I break—our entire world will be ruined.

Tomb Raider meets Touched in REAPER OF EARTH, a paranormal read for those who love a dark twist.

https://www.amazon.com/Reaper-Earth-A...

message 50: by V.A. (new)

V.A. Trafton I just released my new Christmas book. What Does Christmas Mean To You? Live on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1731107560

What Does Christmas Mean To You?
Presents? Snow? Good food?
When Olivia is asked that very same question, she is faced with a challenge she never expected. With the guidance of her Nana, Olivia searches within herself to find the answer. This Christmas she learns the true meaning and discovers the best gift of all.

« previous 1