Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Where Can I Promote My Book? > Name two things

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4588 comments Mod
How about we all contribute one really successful marketing thing we've tried and one that tanks. Let's see if there are trends.
For me, Bargain Booksy is what is keeping us going on the adult books. Ads with the homeschool people- while expensive pay off for only my culture books.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1117 comments Catching a BookBub when they were opening a new genre - Time Travel Romance. Hide in Time was in the slumps and she's not looked back since (October 2016). She toddles along so much better than the others.

I'll come back later with a tanker - so many to choose from...

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Carole wrote: "How about we all contribute one really successful marketing thing we've tried and one that tanks. Let's see if there are trends.
For me, Bargain Booksy is what is keeping us going on the adult book..."

Great idea, unfortunately you've already given one of my best tactics (I have one of my books on Bargain Booksy every month).

Good - Having a permafree book as a loss-leader for my other titles (works best for series, but has some value for non-series as well)

Bad - social media marketing (probably not been successful because I'm not good with social media)

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Catching a BookBub when they were opening a new genre - Time Travel Romance. Hide in Time was in the slumps and she's not looked back since (October 2016). She toddles along so much better than the..."

That's awesome, so good when that kind of thing happens.

message 5: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1701 comments I'll do more than two.

Bargain Booksy has worked the one time I tried it (and I'll be going back for more).

Author appearances at book stores have always gotten me a few sales, but generally no more than 5.

My author workshop has netted me more sales than my appearances, although I don't do that primarily to sell books. So I think face-to-face events that are about things other than selling can be successful for sales and marketing.

Facebook ads . . . zip.

message 6: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Bargain Booksy got me 3 sales at $2.99 and 7 sales at .99.

Social media and Twitter especially is a complete waste of time for me.

message 7: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 459 comments I concur that social media has appeared to be a waste of money and time up to this point. I had the most success selling at local events (holiday fair and 4th of July festival (but both were in places I'd worked for 30 years and many sales were to people who knew who I was through schools and were curious); I also have had small but steady success running Amazon ads and after doing a free promo.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread