Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice discussion

Where Indians meet a Pakistani to read Austen 😉

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Fuzaila Okay come on, we are doing this right??

message 2: by Anish (new)

Anish Kohli Fuzaila wrote: "Okay come on, we are doing this right??"

okay...
A. Teach me how you did this.
B. How can I remember this link for like the next 20 days or so? :P

Fuzaila A. Well, there's this thing called discussions in the 'community' section of gr, hidden away from whom Idk :3

B. Easy, You bookmark it and turn on the notifications. 😉

You're welcome :P

message 4: by Anish (new)

Anish Kohli Fuzaila wrote: "A. Well, there's this thing called discussions in the 'community' section of gr, hidden away from whom Idk :3

B. Easy, You bookmark it and turn on the notifications. 😉

You're welcome :P"

A. I didnt get that.
B. I didnt get that either.
C. Yeah I am dumb at times :P

Fuzaila Oh well I thought you'd have some basic knowledge to comprehend what bookmark or section meant but apparently not :P

Here you go -

As for bookmarks, just explore you're browser It's gotta be somewhere :3

message 6: by Anish (new)

Anish Kohli Fuzaila wrote: "Oh well I thought you'd have some basic knowledge to comprehend what bookmark or section meant but apparently not :P

Here you go -

As for bookmarks, just explore you're browser It's gotta be so..."

Lol, alright! Sorry for being dumb :P
So where is Tahera?

Fuzaila I haven't seen her around in a while tbh?

message 8: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Jul 20, 2018 12:22PM) (new) - added it

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) Just a passerby :p
I was tempted but I shall pass

The name attracted me so much XD

Fuzaila Passerbys are welcome as long as they just peek in and don't trespass :P
We're quiet people doing quiet things ;)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) or you gonna shoot? :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fuzaila Bhavik wrote: "or you gonna shoot? :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

If need be -.-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Janvi Hello, guys!!

Fuzaila Hey Violet!

Do you think you can spare the time for P&P in between all the Guiana fun? :P

Tahera Hello so I kind of bumped into this post...so we have made a separate thread for our BR?

message 15: by Fuzaila (last edited Jul 22, 2018 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fuzaila Tahera wrote: "Hello so I kind of bumped into this post...so we have made a separate thread for our BR?"

Uh I thought you would have seen our discussion. Yup, This is our thread :)

Tahera Fuzaila wrote: "Tahera wrote: "Hello so I kind of bumped into this post...so we have made a separate thread for our BR?"

Uh I thought you would have seen our discussion. Yup, This is our thread :)"

Nope I did not see it :/ And like Anish I did not get how I bookmark this :P

Tahera So have you people begun reading the book?

Fuzaila Tahera wrote: "Fuzaila wrote: "Tahera wrote: "Hello so I kind of bumped into this post...so we have made a separate thread for our BR?"

Uh I thought you would have seen our discussion. Yup, This is our thread :)..."

please tell me you have heard of bookmarking webpages :3

message 19: by Fuzaila (last edited Jul 22, 2018 09:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fuzaila and nope, I think I'll start tomorrow :P

Tahera Fuzaila wrote: "Tahera wrote: "Fuzaila wrote: "Tahera wrote: "Hello so I kind of bumped into this post...so we have made a separate thread for our BR?"

Uh I thought you would have seen our discussion. Yup, This i..."

I have done that and still zilch...can't see it :/

Fuzaila Fuzaila wrote: "Oh well I thought you'd have some basic knowledge to comprehend what bookmark or section meant but apparently not :P

Here you go -

As for bookmarks, just explore you're browser It's gotta be so..."

well,, see that screenshot? And the star on top-right of the page? Click it and the page would be 'bookmarked'. You can access it from the 'bookmarks' tab on your browser, like seen on the bottom of that ss :)

Janvi Fuzaila wrote: "Hey Violet!

Do you think you can spare the time for P&P in between all the Guiana fun? :P"

Seriously, Fuzzy??!😉

Janvi Guys, I've started reading it. At first, I found it boring and was going to pack it, but someone told me I'm missing too much fun. So I'm continuing reading it. But after a few scenes of Mr. Darcy, I'm catching it!

Fuzaila Vanessa Violet wrote: "Fuzaila wrote: "Hey Violet!

Do you think you can spare the time for P&P in between all the Guiana fun? :P"

Seriously, Fuzzy??!😉"

Nah :P

Fuzaila Vanessa Violet wrote: "Guys, I've started reading it. At first, I found it boring and was going to pack it, but someone told me I'm missing too much fun. So I'm continuing reading it. But after a few scenes of Mr. Darcy,..."

I've just started too. And I think I'm gonna love it ^_^

Tahera Vanessa Violet wrote: "Guys, I've started reading it. At first, I found it boring and was going to pack it, but someone told me I'm missing too much fun. So I'm continuing reading it. But after a few scenes of Mr. Darcy,..."

:D :D :D Where have you reached??

Tahera Fuzaila wrote: "Vanessa Violet wrote: "Guys, I've started reading it. At first, I found it boring and was going to pack it, but someone told me I'm missing too much fun. So I'm continuing reading it. But after a f..."

^_^ ^_^!! Well it seems only Anish is slacking at present :P

Janvi Tahera wrote: "Vanessa Violet wrote: "Guys, I've started reading it. At first, I found it boring and was going to pack it, but someone told me I'm missing too much fun. So I'm continuing reading it. But after a f..."

Chapter 20

message 29: by Janvi (last edited Jul 25, 2018 07:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janvi Guys, I'm inviting a friend of mine to buddy read P&P with us.
Karen
I hope you guys don't mind!

Tahera Vanessa Violet wrote: "Guys, I'm inviting a friend of mine to buddy read P&P wit us.
Karen
I hope you guys don't mind!"

Sure!

Janvi I don't lik Mr. Darcy. He's rude, arrogant and a fool for being rude and arrogant!

Fuzaila Vanessa Violet wrote: "Guys, I'm inviting a friend of mine to buddy read P&P with us.
Karen
I hope you guys don't mind!"

Sure. The more the merrier! Maybe Anish will show up now that he's got a partner :P

Janvi Ha! hopefully!! XD

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Hello everyone! I'm Karen :)

Thank you Vanessa for inviting me to join your buddy read group :)

I am actually really excited to read this, since it is my first time (I know took me long enough XD)

So, I've read up to chapter 6 so far, and I agree with Vanessa that I hienstly dislike Mr Darcy -.- he is really starting to get on my nerves with his pride and arrogance, and he called Lizzy tolerable while she was within earshot! What kind of man does that!

Goodness I hope this gets better haha

How are you guys going with it ?

Fuzaila Hello there Karen!

I've finished part 1. And I'm at Part 2. Mr. Darcy is certainly arrogant and haughty and I felt the same about Lizzy at first but not now. I think I like Jane and Mr. Bennet the most now.
Oh yes, and what I dont get is why is Mr. Darcy refraining himself from speaking to Elizabeth if she's the only girl who's met his fancy? Like, no matter how proud you are, sounds chickenish to me :/

Read on, because now I think maybe Darcy is just misunderstood. But I don't condemn his quality of not speaking much, because I can relate lol xD

Tahera Hey Vanessa, Karen and Fuzaila I know you guys are not too keen on Mr. Darcy now but keep reading....trust me you will change your mind about him!! He is just love! <3 <3

P.S. And Anish is still missing loll!!

Tahera Fuzaila yup really can't condemn Darcy for not talking much since I am guilty of that charge too...loll I am quite awkward with talking to strangers :P

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Hey Fuzaila!

I agree, he sounds very proud and a coward
It almost sounds very immature as well

Like "oh I like this girl, but I don't know how to tell her. How about I pretend I don't like her presence and mess up with her feelings "
Prick

And I still find the Bennet parents annoying

But I'll push through guys! :) still optimistic Haha

And from what you've said Tahera, Mr Darcy better sweep me off my feet too 😋

Fuzaila Tahera wrote: "Hey Vanessa, Karen and Fuzaila I know you guys are not too keen on Mr. Darcy now but keep reading....trust me you will change your mind about him!! He is just love! <3 <3

P.S. And Anish is still ..."

Omg Yess, I did! (view spoiler)

Fuzaila Tahera wrote: "Fuzaila yup really can't condemn Darcy for not talking much since I am guilty of that charge too...loll I am quite awkward with talking to strangers :P"

Lol yeah that was what I was thinking. All the girls and boys here are very sociable, there must be some outcast :P

Fuzaila Karen wrote: "Hey Fuzaila!

I agree, he sounds very proud and a coward
It almost sounds very immature as well

Like "oh I like this girl, but I don't know how to tell her. How about I pretend I don't like her..."

Haha that's one way to put it. But now I think, he was afraid to admit his feelings to himself. Much less, to Lizzy.

I like Mr. Bennet though, and I suppose Mrs. Bennet is acting the way Jane wants her to

Also I'm done with part 2. Just started part 3 ☺

Tahera You guys are going way faster with the book than I am! I am purposely taking it slow...I just want to savour the moments! <3

Janvi Karen wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm Karen :)

Thank you Vanessa for inviting me to join your buddy read group :)

I am actually really excited to read this, since it is my first time (I know took me long enough ..."

Hey, Karen!!

Janvi I agree with you guys about Darcy. He's not too bad. But I'm still debating what to think of him, yet. He's stupid, yes sometimes, but he's also sweet sometimes.

Tahera Vanessa Violet wrote: "I agree with you guys about Darcy. He's not too bad. But I'm still debating what to think of him, yet. He's stupid, yes sometimes, but he's also sweet sometimes."

I wouldn't call him stupid but yes he is cautious and does not open up easily, plus he has a really good heart <3

Janvi Well, i know 'stupid' is not the right word but that's what came in mind😜

*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆* Hahaha yeah, there still isn't much on Mr a Darcy just yet, I think I'm at ch 18 at the moment

But I am very confused about Mr Collin, so he is "seeing" Lady Catherine but he secretly wants to marry one of his cousins to gain the Bennet house? And since Jane is already taken by someone, he wants Elizabeth. Is that right?

There's like so many triangles in this book haha it's a little confusing

message 48: by Anish (new)

Anish Kohli Heya guys! I am so sorry for disappearing! I really do apologize but something at work kept me gone and I couldn't read at all.

Hope you guys arent too mad :P

Janvi Karen wrote: "Hahaha yeah, there still isn't much on Mr a Darcy just yet, I think I'm at ch 18 at the moment

But I am very confused about Mr Collin, so he is "seeing" Lady Catherine but he secretly wants to ma..."

Yep, that's the case.
I find Mrs Bennet too annoying! I guess you know why, Karen.

Janvi Anish wrote: "Heya guys! I am so sorry for disappearing! I really do apologize but something at work kept me gone and I couldn't read at all.

Hope you guys arent too mad :P"

Jackpot! Por fin, dios mio!! Your apologizing won't work, friend. Catch up! And hurry up!!!

You can hope all you want. But whenever i get the chance, I'll make you pay! Hell, if you wanted to dissappear, at leat have warned us (that you will be gone and won't be able to show here)!! 😉

« previous 1 3