City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) City of Glass discussion

Buddy read

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fuzaila HELLA YESS, Lets start this and get it over with 😁

tiffany whoaa how did you make this? it's so cool!

tiffany I'M BORED ALREADY, FUZAILA HELP ME.

we have over 500 pages to go through, wooo!

message 4: by Fuzaila (last edited Jul 20, 2018 08:39PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fuzaila Ahaha perks of being an explorer lol ;) it's in the community section and is called a 'discussion' apparently!

Fuzaila Ooh yess have you started already?? You know I'm so glad to have a reading partner who has the same opinion as me about the last books,, i mean how else am i supposed to go through with it??

tiffany dude, same. i was just thinking that lol. i can talk freely about how much i hate this series!! yes, we can help each other XD

Fuzaila Lol yeah. Have you started??
I'm 12% in and is it just me or (view spoiler)

tiffany yeah idk my percent but i think i’m 50-150 pages in. somewhere in that range. also your message got cut off on my screen? can you rewrite what you were thinking XD

tiffany lol this thread is gonna get looong! :)

Fuzaila I can see that :)

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "yeah idk my percent but i think i’m 50-150 pages in. somewhere in that range. also your message got cut off on my screen? can you rewrite what you were thinking XD"

That was --
is it just me or has the writing really developed? I think I like this new Clary :3 but Jace is still a dick 

Fuzaila P.S it's so interesting and I'm reading on :) finished 7th chapter :D

tiffany omg, is fuzaila liking City of Glass???? nah i still really don't like Clary. she still strikes me as an impulsive, useless asshole who can't do anything by herself :)

tiffany holy shit i was smack dab in the middle of my range: i'm on page 100 LOL

tiffany yup, jace is definitely truly 100% still a dick

message 16: by Fuzaila (last edited Jul 22, 2018 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "omg, is fuzaila liking City of Glass???? nah i still really don't like Clary. she still strikes me as an impulsive, useless asshole who can't do anything by herself :)"

Yep maybe so. It's just that, I think the characters are acting real this time. I mean, I feel like Clare knows her characters. She can make them do what she wants them to do, make them heroes or something, but she isn't doing that. She's letting them act according to their personality. Realistically. Idk does that even make sense? :3

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "holy shit i was smack dab in the middle of my range: i'm on page 100 LOL"

Lol I finished Part I.

Fuzaila Fuzaila wrote: "kazually wrote: "holy shit i was smack dab in the middle of my range: i'm on page 100 LOL"

Lol I finished Part I."

Where are you? Do you wanna go chapter- by- chapter or something?

tiffany yeah, i see what you mean. they’re acting like themselves but they’re all useless assholes :3

tiffany i’m on chapter 8, page 177 (i’m so
specific)

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "yeah, i see what you mean. they’re acting like themselves but they’re all useless assholes :3"

haha lol i tried not to be critical this time so I could actually enjoy the book and it worked so far but not so any more :3

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "i’m on chapter 8, page 177 (i’m so
specific)"

wow yeah I'm halfway through 10th chapter and I feel like everything's gonna go down now :3

and Simon!! (view spoiler)

tiffany ugh i wish i could turn off my criticism but i can't help finding so many things wrong with EVERYTHING LOL.

tiffany yeah, i feel so bad for Simon, ugh, i wish Jace wasn't such a dick. if he wasn't trying to "help" Clary, then Simon would never have been there in the first place and stuff.

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "yeah, i feel so bad for Simon, ugh, i wish Jace wasn't such a dick. if he wasn't trying to "help" Clary, then Simon would never have been there in the first place and stuff."

Infact everybody seems like a dick somehow. Have you met Sebastian?? That guy was honestly creepy and I suspected him right from the beginning. And Ragnor Fell turning out to be dead was ugghh at least we got to see Magnus Bane.
But honestly, Clary and Jace are the stupidest people I've met idkk wtf are these kids trying to prove >.<

tiffany yeah i’ve met Sebastian. i thought he was kinda weird at first but now i kinda like him. LOL yeah, these kids, all trying to impress each other.

Fuzaila Well

Fuzaila I'm done. I finished the book.

Fuzaila Just finish it soon and I have some hell to rant about

tiffany WHAAAT

tiffany LMAO i'm just past page 200 wtf

tiffany what did you not like abt it?

Fuzaila Like literallyy everythingg

Fuzaila I didnt know I could hate it after initially loving it because all it focuses on is the ROMANCE

tiffany ugh, i agree. the romance should be the whole fucking plot because that's how the book acts like. i swear, every problem that arises is because of the romance, or how incredibly stupid everyone is. i'm actually kinda rooting for Valentine (i know he's never gonna win), and i barely ever root for the bad guy. but this is a special case where I FUCKING HATE EVERYONE.

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "ugh, i agree. the romance should be the whole fucking plot because that's how the book acts like. i swear, every problem that arises is because of the romance, or how incredibly stupid everyone is...."

Hhaha yeah sometimes I feel like Valentine is a real breathing person with goals like everybody else you know? He's made out to be this super villain but when we meet him he's as human as Jace and Clary.
But ughh Clary's stupidity knows no bounds. She went out with Sebastian so easily, handed over the book of white to Magnus without a second thought,, she got brains or what???
P.S how far are you?
I was thinking of reviewing this book but now I'm wondering if I should even bother :/

tiffany ikr!! and when the book kept emphasizing how like "weird" Sebastian was, but NO ONE REALIZED? LIKE WTF. hmm, i thought giving Magnus the book was nice. i really like Magnus (pretty much he's the only one i like other than Alec & Isabelle.. and maybe Aline a little) and it felt like he should have the book. (but maybe Clary's stupidity is rubbing off on me after 500 pages of shit OH NO)

I FINISHED hahah i feel so dead and totured

yeah, i kinda just ranted in mine and i didn't really bother with any intellectual thoughts. i spent more time researching how to post a spongebob meme in mine (which worked!! after, like, 20 minutes) than i did in actually writing the review.

Fuzaila Tbh I KNEW Sebastian was Valentine's son right from the beginning. Pretty much everybode knew other than Clary. And all the time she's still thinking of sleeping with Jace. And you remember that time Jace took off to find Sebastian?? He spends the night Clary because 'it doesn't matter' wtf??? And even after discovering Jace isn't her brother,, Simon was like, "you still kissed your brother" omggg but I liked Simon other than anyone else.
Yeah I liked Magnus the most too, but still Clary was stupid in trusting everybody so easily.

Hahah omgg I saw it,, and huh honestly, I'll just copy paste it or something?? Thank God we both have equal opinions 😂

tiffany YEAH CAUSE CLARY IS SO DAMN STUPID AND USELESS. the only thing she's good for is the rune thing and she was BORN WITH THAT. yeah, and what's with all the characters going off by themselves on some dangerous mission? so impulsive and stupid. *rolls eyes* haha, i love Simon so much, he deserves a lot better friend than Clary. (like maia!!) who do you ship with Simon, Maia, or Isabelle? also, i swear if Clare makes that into some dramatic love triangle i will kill somebody.

do you want to br the whole TID & the whole TMI series?

Fuzaila I don't even understand that Rune thing and Jace ...flying? like what? Angels do those things? So they're doing angelic things? Simon can walk in sunlight because he's part angel too ? Ooh i like Maia, she's cute and lovely bt I don't think vampire-werewolf would work. I'm not very attached to isabelle, but I think Simon should go with Maia maybe? wby?

I really would have loved to but I don't have any idea how often I can be active once classes start in august, :/ But I wont be contracting other BRs so maybe, sometime? Coz I def don't wanna read Clare so soon and there are quite a bit ARCs I need to get to :)) Are you planning on reading them soon?

tiffany oh, yeah probably. because Simon drank Jace's blood and Jace is "apparently" an angel. i love Maia, but i feel like Simon should go with Isabelle because i feel like (i agree with the vampire-werewolf thing not working) Maia and Simon would honestly be better off as really good friends.

idk, i'm can read them whenever. i read City of Ashes, in like early june or something and then i read City of Glass now XD

tiffany just kidding, i read City of Ashes in late May

Fuzaila kazually wrote: "oh, yeah probably. because Simon drank Jace's blood and Jace is "apparently" an angel. i love Maia, but i feel like Simon should go with Isabelle because i feel like (i agree with the vampire-werew..."

Ahah,, but then our poor Clary would be like, oooh my best friend doesn't like me, I'm so miserable blah blah

Yeah I'll let you know once I'm free yeah?

tiffany omg, the times when that has happened (because of the love triangle) were so annoying.

sure, of course