Challenge Corner discussion

It
This topic is about It
Let's Buddy! - Horror/Thriller > It, by Stephen King -> Restarting January 2nd, 2020

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14899 comments Mod
Welcome to Derry, Maine ...

It’s a small city, a place as hauntingly familiar as your own hometown. Only in Derry the haunting is real ...

They were seven teenagers when they first stumbled upon the horror. Now they are grown-up men and women who have gone out into the big world to gain success and happiness. But none of them can withstand the force that has drawn them back to Derry to face the nightmare without an end, and the evil without a name.

Erica Paré | 1802 comments just started this book. I have never seen the movie so it should be an interesting read, a long one for sure lol I am only about 50 pages in and have noticed the balloons popping up often which I am sure will be symbolic as a whole.

message 3: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Marshall | 78 comments I have only seen the movie, please, keep me posted on how the book actually goes!

Jamie CH 2 (view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments Jamie wrote: "CH 2 [spoilers removed]"

right! I couldnt believe the language they used. Although I guess back when the book was written, that behaviour and thought process was still very much horrendous.

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments I am going to start reading this. I've seen the old movie and the new one it always creeps me out but should be a good book :)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments I just finished a four book series so should have more time to read this one quicker. Am hoping it starts getting good soon!

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Part 1: (view spoiler)
Part 2: (view spoiler)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments Part 4: (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments So jealous that you are finished lol I am having such a hard time getting into this books and its SO long haha

message 11: by Marissa (last edited Aug 16, 2018 05:16PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Marissa | 1109 comments 20%
(view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments 20%
(view spoiler)

Marissa | 1109 comments 40%
(view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments 40% (view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments 60% (view spoiler)

Marissa | 1109 comments 60%
(view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments 80% (view spoiler)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments 100% (view spoiler)

Marissa | 1109 comments 80%
(view spoiler)

Marissa | 1109 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 53176 comments Mod
RESTARTING JANUARY 2ND, 2020

message 22: by Vicki (last edited Jan 03, 2020 10:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3307 comments IT is really freaky!

Chapters 1-2

George (view spoiler)

(view spoiler).

I remember now (since this is my 2nd reading) that the setting is in Derry, the same town as in 11/22/63. All the descriptive detail and how King weaves it into the story line is brilliantly done.