Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Agatha Christie books with two different titles not appearing

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell Nelson | 11 comments I collect (and read) mystery and detective fiction published in English in 1945. Agatha Christie has a novel first published in 1944, but published in 1945 by Collins Crime Club in Great Britain as Sparkling Cyanide and in the US by Dodd, Mead as Remembered Death. I possess both these editions. When I try to enter the US version as Remembered Death several bad thing happen: first, my count of books read does not increase; second, the book does show up in the stats by year but with the title Sparkling Cyanide; third, in My Books it shows up three times, as an unread book (Want-to-read) and twice as read with the same date. I have tried to remove one of the duplicate entries with no success. I realize that my entry of the British edition as Sparkling Cyanide is probably the unread entry, but don't understand why it shows up when I specifically want to look at entries as Remembered Death.
Should I just not use goodreads for doubly-titled books? That would exclude a great many of the crime novels from the 1930-1949 period.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Book that were published under more than one title will have all the editions, under both (or more) titles grouped into a single work. See https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/8...

As far as shelving more than one edition, please see https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/7...

This does not seem to be an issue with the book records, but with your shelvings, so I am closing this thread. You may wish to use the Contact Us link on the Help page. Librarians can help with issues pertaining to specific book records or most related issues, but have no control over general site functionality or related issues.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.