What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Against Heaven's Hand
This topic is about Against Heaven's Hand
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Old book about plane crash, only blind survive. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Huddler | 3 comments Around 1970-72 I read a book regarding a plane full of blind people. The only sighted one were pilot, co pilot and flight attendants. The plane crashed and the only ones who survived were the blind passengers. They had to find their way out of forest (I think) by themselves. I remember one of the passengers was pregnant and delivered her baby while on this adventure. I liked this so much I read it several times.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Where is it set?

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2112 comments The movie "Seven in Darkness (1969) Based on the Leonard Bishop's novel Against Heaven's Hand. Seven blind people are on a plane on their way to a convention for the blind in Seattle. Due to bad weather, the plane crashes and only the seven blind people survive."
Against Heaven's Hand

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Huddler | 3 comments Brooke. That is it! Now to start searching to see if I might find a copy I can afford. Thanks so much!

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Jul 19, 2018 06:41PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1668 comments Wendy wrote: "Brooke. That is it! Now to start searching to see if I might find a copy I can afford. Thanks so much!"

Wendy: It's available at the Internet Archive, a digital lending library. You need to be a member to take out books, but membership is free; you just need an e-mail address.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=...

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Huddler | 3 comments Thanks so much. I did not want to buy this book but to read it again. I will check that site out and let you know if I found it.