Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Information Station > Where Did They Go? Delayed Books and Disappearing Authors

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It seems like every book blogger out there has had something to say about when (or if) we'll see books like The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin and Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss, but they're nowhere near the top of the list of books I'm reserving space for in my library.

http://beauty-in-ruins.blogspot.com/2...

What are you waiting for? Who do you worry has disappeared, never to hit the shelves again? Better yet, any news (or even rumors to share)?

message 2: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments Until this year, I was very worried about Sara Gran, (my links aren't working at the moment). Then she came out with the last book in her sort-of trilogy, after a 5 year break.

message 3: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments I'm worried about Seressia Glass. She hasn't published anything since 2015 and her site had gone dark. :-(

Shadow Blade
Shadow Chase
Shadow Fall

message 4: by carol., Senor Crabbypants (new)

carol. | 2616 comments I thought I recognized that name, Mrs.J. and I was right--it is that book we read so long ago. But somehow, someone on her account accepted a friend request literally... this morning. Isn't that weird? Are you psychic? Maybe you should send her one and ask what's up.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Clough (brendaclough) | 197 comments There are a number of possibilities. Alas, first and foremost is health. If the author is sick she's probably not writing. Or if her child/spouse has a major health issue. Writing is not a career with benefits; she may have had to go get a day job to get health insurance.

Larger financial problems may have diverted her. If she was living in Puerto Rico or Texas and her house went in a hurricane she has other major issues to deal with.

The other major point of fail is the publisher. If the publisher decided the books weren't making enough $ they don't care if the trilogy is incomplete. They'll just flush her. Which tells you what to do -- send an email to the publisher and ask for more.

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) I'm waiting on the sequel to Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which was announced in 2004.

message 7: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Carol. wrote: "I thought I recognized that name, Mrs.J. and I was right--it is that book we read so long ago. But somehow, someone on her account accepted a friend request literally... this morning. Isn't that we..."

I should do so!

message 8: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments colleen the convivial curmudgeon wrote: "I'm waiting on the sequel to Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, which was announced in 2004."

LOL!

message 9: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Loach | 3 comments I'm waiting for the next Steerswoman book by Rosemary Kirstein, which I know she has at least been working on. And for another Garrett PI book by Glen Cook, which may not even be in the works for all I know. Oh and also for Glen Cook's next one in the Instrumentalities of the Night series, for that matter.

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 177 comments MrsJoseph wrote: "I'm worried about Seressia Glass. She hasn't published anything since 2015 and her site had gone dark. :-(

Shadow Blade
Shadow Chase
[book:Shadow Fall|..."

I follow her on twitter. She's pretty active on twitter.

message 11: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Ahhhh. I don't tweet or Facebook. I find it...depressing and/or anxiety inducing.