THE SWORD AND TOME discussion

2018 Intoductions - Get to know each other!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arisawe (new)

Arisawe Hampton | 24 comments Mod
A new year means a new thread.

Introduce yourself for the first time or re-introduce yourself for the hundredth time. Keep it classy and professional!

message 2: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 14 comments I'm new to this group (thanks for inviting me, Arisawe). I'm a book lover who love to read books (particularly fantasy), so hopefully, I get read as many books while I'm here. Not only am I bookworm, but I'm also an author. So I hope guys will make me feel at home. I'll be sure to be active as much as I can. :)

message 3: by Arisawe (new)

Nice getting to know you! I’m an author too! Hopefully we all can improve our craft here and help each other out.

message 4: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 14 comments Arisawe wrote: "Nice getting to know you! I’m an author too! Hopefully we all can improve our craft here and help each other out."

Indeed :) Say, do we have any others in the group? Just a curiosity.

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob | 1 comments Hi everyone and thanks Arisawe for the invite. I’m a very introverted bookworm but I enjoy group reads in small groups. Of course, I love the fantasy genre and am not afraid to explore. I am NOT an author and not hoping to be one. I’ve tried and I just don’t have the brain for it. Unrelated, I’m a gamer and create gaming related video content. I also have a book reviewing blog though it’s been inactive for a while. Can’t wait to make new book friends!

message 6: by Arisawe (new)

Hi there! I’d gather a great many of us are introverted too lol. It comes with the territory so to speak. Sounds like you’re creative in a different way. Welcome!

message 7: by Mar ✨ (new)

Mar ✨ (carstairslover) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Mary, I'm from Ecuador, I'm learning English so be patient (I speak spanish) if I write something wrong. I love reading, I go everywhere with a book, I love writing my own opinion of what I've read, but I don't have a blog or things like that (I want to). I like spoilers, but if someone don't want them I keep my mouth shut.

message 8: by Arisawe (new)

Hi Mary! Nice to meet you! ☺️

message 9: by Jessica Mae (new)

Jessica Mae | 1 comments Hey everyone! I’m Jessica and and I just joined this group today. I have always had a love of reading, writing and drawing. I was one of those kids who would read or draw at recess more than I would talk to other humans. My dream is to illustrate books for a living, so if you have any characters you’d like me to draw let me know. :) I do a lot of journal writing, but I’ve dabbled in creative writing, too. I recently discovered Brandon Sanderson’s novels and I’m trying to get through them all...so fantasy is my favorite. Oh, and I’m an introvert/INFJ.

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (rumblethumps) | 1 comments Hello hello! My name's Amber, I'm new here! I don't do any writing myself, but I'm a librarian and I also work in a bookstore, so reading is obviously a huge part of my life! Fantasy is my favorite genre, but I love horror too ;) Nice to meet you all!

message 11: by Nicky (new)

Nicky Blue (itsnickyblue) | 1 comments Hi All, thanks for starting this group. I love reading fantasy particularly humorous stuff. I am also a writer in this genre. I look forward to following the discussions.

Thanks!

Nicky

message 12: by Arisawe (new)

Hi Jessica, Amber and Nicky!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys too! Glad there’s so many of us that love this genre!

message 13: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 14 comments Welcome and happy to meet you all :)

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauradragonchild) Hi everyone and thank you Arisawe for the invite. I am Laura and I'm not a writer but I love to read. Fantasy in particular, but I won't say no to other genres either.
Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

message 15: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 14 comments Laura wrote: "Hi everyone and thank you Arisawe for the invite. I am Laura and I'm not a writer but I love to read. Fantasy in particular, but I won't say no to other genres either.
Looking forward to getting to..."

Nice to meet you. There are plenty of readers for sure. Even I am one. Looking forward to knowing each and everyone, especially you

message 16: by Damian (new)

Damian | 1 comments Hello all! My name is Damian, and I just joined. Thanks for the invite, Arisawe! I love just about every genre, but I tend to lean Horror, High Fantasy, and Dark Fantasy. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and discussing good fantasy reads!

message 17: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 1 comments Hi I am Bev previously a mod on a large fantasy group. I have been reading fantasy for about four decades. I am currently off from work for the summer and hoping to get through some books. Nice to meet you all.

message 18: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 14 comments Nice to meet you, too, Bev and Damian ^-^

message 19: by Kimlovesbooks (new)

Kimlovesbooks (kimlovesbooks88) | 1 comments Hi everyone I'm Kim, I'm from Wales and my fav genre is fantasy! :)

message 20: by Colin (new)

Colin Bohl (colinbohl) | 2 comments Greetings! My name is Colin, and I've just joined today.
Just graduated University, Engaged, and moved into a home.

Less time to read than I'd like, but getting back into it now that I'm getting used to the daily grind of adulting.

Very happy to be here :)

Unabridged Bibliophile (tenelka) | 1 comments Hey guys! My name is Rachel and fantasy and sci-fi are my favorite genres to read. I am currently not reading as much as I would like to since I have a 6 1/2 month old Newfie puppy going through her teenager phase, but I am making up for it a little bit by listening to a lot of audiobooks on my long work commute as well as some at work.

message 22: by Arisawe (new)

Woah Colin lots are happening for you! Congratulations! So happy to have everyone here together! ☺️

message 23: by Colin (new)

Colin Bohl (colinbohl) | 2 comments Thanks so much!

message 24: by Arisawe (new)

Hi everyone! Anyone interested in choosing a book to read together to discuss? Have any nominations?

message 25: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 14 comments Just asking, can we make our thread if you want to do games that relates to fantasy?

message 26: by James (new)

James Maxstadt | 2 comments Hi everyone. My name is James Maxstadt, and I'm a life-long avid reader of fantasy. Love to discover new books/authors that take me to a new place.

I've also taken to writing, and have been having a blast doing that as well.

Look forward to learning more about everyone.