AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

The Education of Dixie Dupree
This topic is about The Education of Dixie Dupree
How To Win Books This Week While I'm Hosting!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (last edited Jul 22, 2018 02:51AM) (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) UPDATED - My week hosting ended July 20, and winners have already been picked. See FAREWELL and WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

At the end of my week hosting American Historic Novels, I will choose several lucky readers to receive finished copies of THE EDUCATION OF DIXIE DUPREE, THE ROAD TO BITTERSWEET and ***THE FORGIVING KIND. I have trade paperbacks, library binding (hardcovers) and audio versions of my published books.

***I am waiting on Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) of THE FORGIVING KIND (due in a few weeks) so the winner will need to wait (right along with me!) on receiving their book, but I hope it will be worth it for them! As a winner of this book, you will be among one of the earliest readers, getting a sneak peek WAY in advance of when it hits the shelves. (Jan. 2019)

How to win books? For each daily post, I will share which book I'm giving away and how to win.

TODAY'S POST is for a chance to win a copy of THE EDUCATION OF DIXIE DUPREE, and we're going to play Two Truths and a Lie.

In THE EDUCATION OF DIXIE DUPREE, my eleven year old narrator has become an astute liar, a coping mechanism used to protect herself, and at times to protect her mama. Eventually, this habitual behavior plays a major role in enabling a heart wrenching event to occur to Dixie.

I've always loved two truths and a lie. I've seen it played on social media recently, and thought, given Dixie Dupree's lying, it would be fun to play here.

I am going to share two truths, and one lie. Guess which two are true, and which one is a lie. Out of this participation, ONE WINNER will be chosen at the end of my hosting week, as mentioned above.

Here are the two truths, and one lie. Which one is a lie?

I ran a marathon on a broken leg
I once found a body on the beach
I went skydiving and my parachute didn't open but thank goodness the alternate did.

I will check in periodically today to see who's playing along and who gets it right! I'll share the two truths and the lie in tomorrow's post.

message 2: by Rina (new) - added it

Rina (rdgirl) | 35 comments Skydiving is the lie

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Rina wrote: "Skydiving is the lie"

Thx for playing along Rina!

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Donna wrote: "(Two truths and a lie list just edited to match what is on Facebook)"

Dyana | 189 comments You found a body on the beach is a lie. But easily could be true. My husband and dirt bike buddies found a body in Sumter, SC, while riding. Or do you think I'm lying about that? LOL!

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Dyana wrote: "You found a body on the beach is a lie. But easily could be true. My husband and dirt bike buddies found a body in Sumter, SC, while riding. Or do you think I'm lying about that? LOL!"

Ha - no telling if it's true or not! I'd say it's true. :)

message 7: by Stella (new)

Stella McKissack (stellamckissack) | 38 comments I hope finding the body on the beach is a lie

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Stella wrote: "I hope finding the body on the beach is a lie"

I will post the lie tomorrow - but it doesn't affect your chances to win a book this week. :)

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda Bridges (lindajoyb) | 68 comments I'll go with running the marathon is a lie. The other two are so amazing they have to be true

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Linda wrote: "I'll go with running the marathon is a lie. The other two are so amazing they have to be true"

Soon you'll fine out!

message 11: by Beverly (new)

Beverly I am late to this. I was going to guess the body on the beach.

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Beverly wrote: "I am late to this. I was going to guess the body on the beach."

Hi Beverly - I was just excited everyone thought it was so hard! :)

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 12 comments I am a marathoner and I hope that your running a marathon with a broken leg is a lie....although I am afraid it was true. OUCH!

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Shannon wrote: "I am a marathoner and I hope that your running a marathon with a broken leg is a lie....although I am afraid it was true. OUCH!"

It was true! I had two stress fx on the one leg, the cracks were halfway through - and I didn't know it. (somehow) I wore a boot for 12 weeks when I finally got that "strange bone lump" checked out. ;)

message 15: by Colleen Chi-Girl (new)

Colleen Chi-Girl (colleenchi-girlakacolleensnapped) Skydiving is the lie!

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Colleen wrote: "Skydiving is the lie!"

That's right - it was!

message 17: by Colleen Chi-Girl (new)

Colleen Chi-Girl (colleenchi-girlakacolleensnapped) Woohoo! I assume I’m in the context now?

message 18: by Donna (new)

Donna Everhart (donnaeverhart) Colleen wrote: "Woohoo! I assume I’m in the context now?"

Hi Colleen - actually my week hosting on AHN ended on July 20th, and the winners were announced then. But, I love to do giveaways and will have more in the upcoming months as I begin to promote my new book. Follow me on social media so you can see when I do one.

https://twitter.com/wordstogobuy

https://www.facebook.com/donnadavisev...

And of course out here on Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...