Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > How do we all order our bookselves?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Do we put series together, colour coordinated.....

Dicuss!

message 2: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) | 12 comments i try to order things according to genre but it gets difficult to rearrange when i have new books to add plus i'm so lazy... so really there's no set arrangement lol. ideally i'd have them all sorted in order of author and genre, though

message 3: by EndlessPages (new)

dg wrote: "i try to order things according to genre but it gets difficult to rearrange when i have new books to add plus i'm so lazy... so really there's no set arrangement lol. ideally i'd have them all sort..."

ohhhh Genre I like that idea

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Eames | 14 comments I have a bookcase that contains my tbr list (all titles are in my tbr jar) and this is organised in alphabetical order by title (because it is the titles, and not the author, I put on the slip in the jar) - this means I can find my next tbr quickly when it comes out of the jar. All other books are randomly placed on the shelves in my book nook.

message 5: by EndlessPages (new)

Sara wrote: "I have a bookcase that contains my tbr list (all titles are in my tbr jar) and this is organised in alphabetical order by title (because it is the titles, and not the author, I put on the slip in t..."

Omg a tbr jar, that is such a cute and creative idea!

message 6: by Lou (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 4 comments I have a quite diverse collection; I stack classics on their side to one end and fantasy to the other and my favourites in the middle ;)

message 7: by EndlessPages (new)

LydiaMae wrote: "I have a quite diverse collection; I stack classics on their side to one end and fantasy to the other and my favourites in the middle ;)"

love it!

message 8: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 16 comments I have this shelf top on my dresser where I keep my unread and favorite books (all others get put in my closet)

What I do is stack as many books possible on my three shelves. Lol. And its really only two shelves, but I have books on top going toward my ceiling.

I do separate my paperbacks and harcovers though. Except for one stack where I keep books from series I dont have all the books for.

message 9: by EndlessPages (new)

Cheyenne wrote: "I have this shelf top on my dresser where I keep my unread and favorite books (all others get put in my closet)

What I do is stack as many books possible on my three shelves. Lol. And its really o..."

very nice haha

message 10: by meghann (new)

meghann (megs182) | 2 comments I'm a bit all over the place with my 7 bookcases:

Bookcases 1 & 2: University Textbooks, Class Notebooks/Binders, Work Binders, and Magazines. No real order. Binders are together on shelves. No rhyme or reason for placement of books. Magazines are in those magazine holders.

Bookcase 3: Horror, Classics and Contemporary Genres. Separate shelves and in order by author as well as chronologically for multiple books by the same author.

Bookcase 4: Many To Be Read shelves. No order, overflowing. Also shelves for Paranormal, Cooking and Travel genres. These are arranged by size.

Bookcase 5: A couple shelves of really cool 50 to almost 100 year books I inherited from my great grandmother. I love how they look and just have them arranged in the way that looks the best. Then I have a Brit Lit shelf arranged mostly by size. There's also an entire shelf of Goosebumps books in chronological order. Then a shelf of autobiographies (alphabetical) and humor (arranged by size). I also have a shelf of books from my childhood that is arranged by size.

Bookcase 6: All that YA. Arranged alphabetically and chronologically by author. This does mean I have to shift everything each time I finish a book and add it to the shelf. I love organizing bookcases though, so I kind of enjoy that.

Bookcase 7: Mystery (arranged alphabetically and chronologically by author) and Sci Fi/Fantasy (arranged alphabetically and chronologically by author). I have two favorite mystery authors with so many series and books out that they each get a shelf on that bookcase. The books in each series are shelved chronologically, and I also have each series listed chronologically.

Then there's the stack of books on my dining room table which are the ones I am currently reading or those I am most excited about reading next.

I officially can never move house, because I would need an entire truck just for my books.

message 11: by meghann (new)

meghann (megs182) | 2 comments Sara wrote: "I have a bookcase that contains my tbr list (all titles are in my tbr jar) and this is organised in alphabetical order by title (because it is the titles, and not the author, I put on the slip in t..."

What a cool idea!

message 12: by Helena (new)

Helena (helenavv) I try to arrange my books on color and by language. I absolutely HATE when my native language (Dutch) is between my English books.

message 13: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) As of now, I have one shelf of books that I have read and one for books I haven't read. Helps me visualize my TBR if you will :)

message 14: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Mostly by genre first, then author. Some have very long series that take up a whole shelf, so space ends up being a big factor. I also have bookcases in every room since they don’t all fit in one room. I keep my favorites more prominently displayed.

My TBR books are stacked in my bedroom. If I finish one, it either goes in my husband’s stack or I have to fit it in a bookcase. I also have a jar for ebooks. Those are seriously out of control.

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) For fiction: alphabetically by author's last name, then chronologically within series.

For nonfiction: it's roughly by genre but mostly chronological since most of them are history books.

message 16: by CrazyAsACupcake (new)

CrazyAsACupcake Because I don't have much shelf space (3 shelves to be exact), I stack my books to get the most out of the space, alphabetically by authors last name for stand-alones - A at the top of the pile down to the bottom, then the next pile begins with the letter that ended on and so on - then alphabetically by series title for my series books. And for hardbacks I actually have them stood like normal books and ordered by height.

That is, until I run out of shelf space. Then the books are shoved in cardboard boxes as many as will fit then stacked on top of each other.

message 17: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 13 comments I have no order - none! I also have no shelf space left, so books go wherever they fit (including in stacks under the desk.). I prefer paper books, but mostly read ebooks these days.

message 18: by CrazyAsACupcake (new)

CrazyAsACupcake Update to the 0 shelf space situation (it's been 2 years of constantly rearranging to try and make the most of the space)

I have now ran out of cardboard boxes.

God save me from the hell that is yet to come.

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara Eames | 14 comments As I break up from school today (yay!!!) - tomorrow I will refill my book jar. I plan to choose 170 books to read between now and end of Dec 2019 - that's 10 books a month (which should leave me time to read "extra" books (i.e. ones that are not in my book jar and that I just fancy reading).