Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Scarlet Pimpernel
This topic is about The Scarlet Pimpernel
Page Numbering Requests > Please add page count

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marianne (hazelnuts394) | 23 comments Can you please add the page count for this editon of The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Orczy
ISBN13: 9780241341339
Page count: 275

Thank you!

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5874 comments Marianne wrote: "Can you please add the page count for this editon of The Scarlet Pimpernel, by Baroness Orczy
ISBN13: 9780241341339
Page count: 275

Thank you!"

Hi Marianne

Both World Cat & Amazon show this edition as having 288 pages. Can you tell me what (if anything) is after page 275 on your copy.

Marianne (hazelnuts394) | 23 comments I think it might be because page 1 is also the first page of chapter 1. All the stuff before that, all the publishing info, title page, etc., isn’t counted.

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5874 comments Marianne wrote: "I think it might be because page 1 is also the first page of chapter 1. All the stuff before that, all the publishing info, title page, etc., isn’t counted."

Sorry to be pedantic, but are you saying there is nothing after page 275 & you think 288 includes unnumbered pages at the start of the book?

Marianne (hazelnuts394) | 23 comments Yes, there’s nothing after 275, and 288 most likely includes the unnumbered pages.

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5874 comments Marianne wrote: "Yes, there’s nothing after 275, and 288 most likely includes the unnumbered pages."

Thank you for confirming. I have corrected now.