petals ▸ advanced rp discussion

▸ general > + questions & suggestions

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 113 comments Mod

message 2: by ᴀɪɴᴇ ♛ (new)

ᴀɪɴᴇ ♛ (cxlypso) may i have the empress be a 10/10 power level? or maybe a 9/10?

message 3: by kaya (new)

I'd like to see some ideas for her first.

message 4: by cosmic (new)

cosmic (erosful) | 32 comments

how many times can a parliament member be elected?

message 5: by kaya (new)

uh.... im gonna say that they can run for parliament as many times as they want, but most people would stop running after at most ten years.

message 6: by cosmic (new)

cosmic (erosful) | 32 comments

thank you !

message 7: by devo (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 16 comments the twin royals are not magicians correct?

message 8: by kaya (new)

yeah they're not magicians someone's gotta get their dad's genes

message 9: by devo (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 16 comments someone call maury

message 10: by kaya (new)

what's a madame

message 11: by kaya (new)

i mean, there would probably be sex workers? but it'd be strictly regulated and probably very well-organised (background checks for everyone, and it'd probably be confined to a handful of buildings in the capital, although there might be some slightly looser-regulated ones in myuikan. so i mean, yes you could have a madame, but her role would be different — more of background checks and hiring and management of the building she works in, and there'd probably be multiple to a building because of the amount of paperwork they have to do for it to stay open.

message 12: by kaya (new)

well a) it wouldn't be a tavern, it'd be a... i don't wanna call it a brothel because that just... has connotations but idk what else to call it so let's just say place, b) clients would just have to come when the place is open, and c) if she was luring workers in, that would be ... not okay in the slightest and the place would get shut down almost instantaneously. also, 'matching' wouldn't really be a good idea because like... it's up to the actual workers to choose who they feel safe with.

message 13: by kaya (new)

i don't really want that sort of character/dynamic in this rp, that sounds like a concept that might work better as a book on its own in a different setting.

message 14: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) | 8 comments at this point have all the gunslingers been recruited already? or are some still undiscovered?

message 15: by kaya (new)

well like... they can say no. a bunch of their parents probably travelled a lot, so they’d be reasonably spread out around the kingdom. maybe like 5 would work for the royals, and some of those would probably be the ones the crown prince has asked to accompany him.

message 16: by devo (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 16 comments so, whats the rules for familiars that aren't dragons? sorry if this question is a little broad

message 17: by kaya (new)

they can be any animal, basically, so long as the animal is able to communicate with magicians which is dependent on the individual not the species, although some species are more inclined to it than others, e.g. dragons are all able to but they tend to be cats or dragons because those are more inclined to communicate with magicians. but other ones that would be reasonable to have are dogs/wolves/foxes, possums, daemons, griffins and firebirds.

message 18: by devo (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 16 comments second q, are familiars born w/ the gunslinger or do they show up later on - and if so how?

message 19: by kaya (new)

it's kinda like... they walk into a forest or a farm with spare pets and wait for one of them to approach and decide "yes i wanna be this gunslinger's familiar" — it can take a while for them to find one that can communicate with magicians, which is why a lot of them have cats or dragons because those are more likely to be able to communicate. they generally get a familiar when they're ready to like... fully assume the mantle of gunslinger (since they're not born into the position, it's usually their parents who pass the weapon on to them — although not always, it can be a stranger)

and the whole familiars thing is mostly because gunslingers tend to travel a lot and they need something to keep them company

message 20: by devo (new)

devo (yourdevotion) | 16 comments ok ok last last question i swear, magic, is it open to anything like can people shoot lasers from their eyes or like is it limited.
(view spoiler)

message 21: by kaya (new)

magic is like... spells n potions n stuff like that. not so much shooting lasers from eyes. maybe from hands, since that's how most people do magic, but not eyes.

yeah sure

message 22: by ѕolanιne (new)

ѕolanιne | 3 comments so do we ask for claims on the claims thread or do we message a mod?? im hella new haha...