Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Please create a series.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel IV (danielwhyteiv) | 3 comments Hello Librarians,

I have been told that I must post here in order to create a "series" page for my speculative fiction novels.

The series title is "Rise of the Seers"

The first book in the series is: Rise of the Seers

Once the series is created, I'd like to have "(Rise of the Seers, #1)" removed from the title of the book as the series title will be appended.

The second book in the series is titled "The Abyss Beckons". Information can be found here: http://danielwhyte4.com/books/the-aby...

Release date is January 2019.

Thank you for your help.

Daniel

message 2: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Series is created. https://www.goodreads.com/series/2379...

I did remove the series info from the title at your request, but as a librarian, I find that information in the title field to be invaluable.

A book record has been created for The Abyss Beckons and it has been added to the new series.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel IV (danielwhyteiv) | 3 comments Thank you!

The reason why I asked for the series info to me removed from the end of the first title is because I assumed the series title would automatically be appended after the title on the book page.

message 4: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Daniel wrote: "Thank you!

The reason why I asked for the series info to me removed from the end of the first title is because I assumed the series title would automatically be appended after the title on the bo..."

It does, but having the series in the title allows people to search and find it using the series name.

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel IV (danielwhyteiv) | 3 comments ...but the title of the first book is also the title of the series?

message 6: by Monique (new)

Monique (kadiya) | 1099 comments Daniel wrote: "...but the title of the first book is also the title of the series?"

But the second isn't. It's not a big deal. I was simply pointing out that it has uses beyond just seeing the series name on the book page is all.