Author Support Group discussion

Blog Info Trade > I started another blog...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaimey, Co-Moderator (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 287 comments Mod
I have too many, I know. But, if anyone is interested in following, I started a new blog for my Regency novel, Spellbound.

All the Gossip of Spellbound

At the time of this post, there are no posts to my new blog. I am working on the first and it will probably go up late tonight.

Thanx for looking and have a lovely night, all! :o)

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Gottfried (westofmars) | 60 comments Okay, I gotta ask. WHY??

I don't want to come off as being critical.Instead, I'm fascinated. Having two blogs myself, I know what a time-suck they are. And yeah, I've played with the idea of a third, group blog, too. (we can talk about that later.)

I guess what I want to know is that since the Spellbound blog has a limited life, why start its own thing and not fold it into your Jaimey Grant blog. That way, you'll have the status of the longer-lived blog and all the links and whatnot to benefit from and build on. The more of that you can create, the deeper your site, the better you show up in the search engine rankings. Which, of course, means if someone Googles anything that's on your site, you show up higher. Which, of course, means higher visibility.

Follow my thinking?

So tell me. Explain it. I'm genuinely curious 'cause this is outside of my own mindset. (Teach me, woman!)

message 3: by Jaimey, Co-Moderator (new)

Sometimes, I think it's an OCD thing. I have to keep them separated for some reason. And maybe a little bit of an excuse to procrastinate. (I'm editing a few of my manuscripts right now and I hate that.)

Mostly, I just need all my thoughts on a subject in one space. And they don't necessarily have to have a limited life. There is always something one can do with a "specific book" type of blog. I've always found character "interviews" quite entertaining, for example.

On the other hand, you have a point. I probably should just roll all my blogs into one. (Except my reviews blog 'cause that really is a whole different can of worms.) I don't know. You've given me some food for thought. :o)

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Gottfried (westofmars) | 60 comments It dawned on me that we could build you a WordPress Mu platform and you could have all these separate entities under one roof, so to speak. As separate as you want to be, but also together enough to take advantage of the search engine junk.

Procrastinate? No idea what you mean. Nope. Not me. Nuh-uh. *wink*

message 5: by Jaimey, Co-Moderator (new)

Susan wrote: "It dawned on me that we could build you a WordPress Mu platform and you could have all these separate entities under one roof, so to speak. As separate as you want to be, but also together enough to take advantage of the search engine junk."

Is that how you have all your blogs and pages on one site? I was wondering about that.

What do you charge for this service? My royalties suck right now so unless you take payments (LOL) I probably can't afford it. Can you email me the details? Pretty please? :o)

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Gottfried (westofmars) | 60 comments What? Pay me?

Oh, no, babe. I'd tell you: Go get WordPress Mu. Make sure it's the MU version; that's the one that allows you to run multiple blogs. Play. Have fun.

And then I'll leave you on your own.

Yes, that's how Win a Book and the rest of West of Mars are all on the West of Mars platform. All under one roof.

Best of all, each blog CAN have its own look, as can your static pages (the more traditional web pages that don't allow comments and so on and so forth). I wanted Win a Book to look the same as The Meet and Greet; we might tweak it. Assuming we get the time.