YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
This topic is about The Sword of Summer
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) - Restarting May 23rd 2019

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Magnus Chase has seen his share of trouble. Ever since that terrible night two years ago when his mother told him to run, he has lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, staying one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.

One day, Magnus learns that someone else is trying to track him down—his uncle Randolph, a man his mother had always warned him about. When Magnus tries to outmaneuver his uncle, he falls right into his clutches. Randolph starts rambling about Norse history and Magnus's birthright: a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

The more Randolph talks, the more puzzle pieces fall into place. Stories about the gods of Asgard, wolves, and Doomsday bubble up from Magnus's memory. But he doesn't have time to consider it all before a fire giant attacks the city, forcing him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents. . . .

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna be part of this.

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Cinthia wrote: "I wanna be part of this."

:) I can't wait. It'll be great to read something lighthearted. My most recent books have been kind of serious.

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments First of all, can I just say I love these chapter titles. That's how I know this is going to be hilarious.

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 10 - 12%
(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments ✌ Ashley ☠ wrote: "First of all, can I just say I love these chapter titles. That's how I know this is going to be hilarious."

I love the chapter titles too! They're one of the best parts of Riordan's books, I think.

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 35 - 50%
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 1-4
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 4-11
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 15
(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments Chapter 51 - 75%
(view spoiler)

Nicole (artsofashes) | 722 comments 100% - Finished
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 26
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 36
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 48
(view spoiler)

Ashley W (readmewriteme) | 5040 comments Chapter 66
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 13th of September 2018

************************************************************************************************************************************

Courtney | 11474 comments Starting a little early.
Chapter 1.
(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11474 comments Up to chapter 16.
So far this is pretty funny(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11474 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

Tayla Potayta (potaytaspages) | 3112 comments Sorry I’m in a reading slump

Courtney | 11474 comments Up to chapter 29.
(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11474 comments Tayla wrote: "Sorry I’m in a reading slump"

Its okay. I started early, but I will stay around for when you are able to read it :)

Courtney | 11474 comments Up to chapter 43.
Magnus is smater then I gave him credit for.

Courtney | 11474 comments The end of chapter 46 was disgusting.

Courtney | 11474 comments Chapter 59
(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11474 comments Chapter 69.
(view spoiler)

Courtney | 11474 comments Epilogue.
Ugh! Loki sucks.