Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Addiction Memoir Beta readers / light copy/proofing also

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Jul 10, 2018 10:24AM) (new)

Chris | 1 comments I need help with my memoir. It's about my time in rehab for opiate addiction.

I'm looking for people who love books, especially memoir. Pat Conroy's books were always favorites. Augusten Burroughs. (I'm a sucker for just about any memoir though, if it's well-written.)

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and remember some cliche or clunky phrase I've written and can't believe I was so blind. So it's that kind of thing especially I want to cut out. I call it the Three A's: anything Awkward, Amateurish, or Awful.

Also I have some complex dialogue (multiple paragraphs, interruptions with interior monologue) and could use some formatting help/advice.

I have friends who love books and they like what I've sent but they don't really know how to give feedback or tell me what seems f'ed up.

I'm glad to pay a premium for good feedback. I'd probably want to start with a chapter or two to see if it works for both of us.

Also, you should know my book is very raw and if you are offended or upset by sex and drugs and brutal language you probably want to skip this.

Thanks so much!

message 2: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 94 comments Hi Chris! I can't see how to message you on your profile page. I'm an editor and proofreader. If you'd like to chat, please PM me or email me at cimone.watson1@gmail.com. I'd like to know your word count and budget, unless you'd rather me give you a quote.

message 3: by Hamad (new)

Hamad | 63 comments Hey Chris,
I am interested in your memoir, I like books and I am a 6th year medicine student so I can relate even more to this subject. if you are interested, send me a PM here or an email at: mo2hammad96@gmail.com

Feel free to check my blog too:
https://thebookprescription.wordpress...

looking forward to hearing from you

message 4: by Cortnie (new)

Cortnie Michel | 6 comments I am interested in reading and editing for you. Please visit my website www.clmicheltyping.com/services for more information. I would love to help ypu succeed!

message 5: by Cortnie (new)

Cortnie Michel | 6 comments You* succeed!

message 6: by Christy (last edited Sep 20, 2018 05:25PM) (new)

Christy H (christybetareads) | 178 comments Hey Chris,

If you're still looking for beta readers, I'm available to begin immediately! I charge .001/word and read approximately 10-50k words per day for a commission. Please feel free to email me at ChristyBetaReads@gmail.com if you're interested!

Christy

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda  Taylor (mtaylor67) | 15 comments I am interested in being a beta reader for your book. I have beta reading experience and have had repeat clients. I am also excited about the genre of your book. I have book reviewing and proofreading experience too. I have done freelance work with clients on Upwork relating to these things. I am professional, hardworking, reliable, responsible, organized, detail oriented, and meet deadlines. I look forward to communicating and working with you.

message 8: by TKSelbach13 (last edited Jul 29, 2019 09:41PM) (new)

TKSelbach13 | 90 comments I have been working as an independent freelance editor for about 8 years. My clients have been very pleased with my work thus far and would certainly be happy to provide recommendations if needed.

I recently achieved my bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, as well as accomplished a Study Abroad program with a focus in writing. I can provide a high attention to detail, the ability to think outside of the box, and an enthusiastic attitude that clients will find quite appealing.

Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing
Experience: 8 years of Beta Reading, 2 years of commission work
Rates: $0.05 per word.
Turnaround: 1-3 months

$5 – 100 words
$50 – 1,000 words
$500 – 10,000 words
$5000 – 100,000 words