2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Heir of Fire > Question I

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Maeve claims that she wished for Celaena "to become who you were born to be. To become queen.” Did you believe this was true? Why did Maeve order Rowan to train Celaena?

message 2: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I'm not exactly sure why Maeve did what she did unless it was truly to see how powerful Celaena would become and what type of threat she would be. Maeve seemed to know all of Celaena's history even the time Celaena was a slave. I'm wondering how she knew all.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments That's a good question. As Queen of the Fae, Maeve has tremendous powers. However, she did fear Aelin's birth due to the potential for her power and kept track of her to see if they would manifest (much like the King and Dorian).

I think that she had Rowan train Celaena for the same reason. She wanted to see if her could trigger her powers.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I do not believe that Maeve wants Celaena to become queen. I think her whole intention is so eventually take them from her. Rowan is a fierce trainer and I think Maeve knew that he would be the one who could get her to use and control her powers.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments She might want her to become a queen, but I think she wants her to be a queen that does what she wants. And she wanted Rowan to train her so she could use het power for her gain.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I agree. Maeve wanted to be able to control Celaena for her own ends.