2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Heir of Fire > Question G

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It is revealed that Maeve, the Queen of the Fae, was against the marriage between Celaena's parents. What did you think of her reasons and Evalin Ashryver's fear of Maeve and her overprotectivenss toward Aelin?

message 2: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I didn't really speculate as the reasons Evalin may have been so protective other than Maeve was a horrible being and might have used Aelin as a pawn.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Maeve saw any offspring between an Ashryver and a Galathanius as a threat to her because of the amalgamation of powers. I think that Evalin was right in her fear that Maeve would want to use Aelin, but it is this overprotectiveness that made her blind to threats from other sources - the King of Adarlan.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I agree, Lauren. Evalin had a hard time seeing the now since she was so worried about Maeve.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I think like Lauren that Maeve knew how powerfull a child from them could be. And that she first wanted to prevent that from happening, but now that she excists she wants to use her.
You might be right about that being a reason they didn't see the threat from the king. But I think they where not the only ones who didn't see that threat coming so I'm not sure.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lieke wrote: "But I think they where not the only ones who didn't see that threat coming so I'm not sure. "

Yes, the King was definitely keeping his plans to himself.