2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Heir of Fire > Question F

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Sorscha is another character who is more than she seems. What did you think of her relationship with Dorian and the revelation at the end that she was Ren's spy in the castle? Did you suspect that she might not live to the end of the book?

message 2: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I was curious as to why she was always so sad when Dorian would try to talk about the future. I really thought she was too timid to be anything more than what she seemed but in hindsight servants and such have always made excellent spies because the upper class never paid any mind to them. I really didn't think she'd die in the end but I guess I didn't care either way although her death was a catalyst in Dorian releasing his powers in front of his father.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I guessed early on that her days were numbered and that her death would be a catalyst for Dorian to finally stand up against his father in some way.

I knew she had a secret, but didn't realize she was a spy until it was revealed. Yes, servants make excellent spies - they know everything that's going on in a house.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I really didn't see any of this coming. She was such a non-character for me that I didn't read between the lines. I did feel that their relationship was doomed though. The king will always make sure that Dorian is unhappy.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I didn't see it coming that she was going to die. I didn't think the relationship was going to last, but I liked her character. Was hoping she could grow more and be the friend Dorian needed.
Looking back she mentioned multiple times that people didn't notice her, which is ofcourse a very good quality for a spy.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lieke wrote: "I didn't think the relationship was going to last, but I liked her character. ."

She was just too sweet for me. I prefer heroines with a bit more spine like Celaena and Manon.