2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Heir of Fire > Question D

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Jul 10, 2018 04:25AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments On the other hand, there is a rift in the friendship between Dorian and Chaol. Was the distrust and distancing between them warranted? What did you think of Dorian's claim that Chaol could never fully accept Celaena for what she is?

message 2: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments For political reasons I could see why Chaol and Dorian were having troubles in their friendship. As long as Chaol was aligned with the king none of the characters could be together as friends and/or more. Until the king is gone, Dorian is as trapped as the others as well.

I loved when Dorian claimed Chaol wouldn't be able to accept Celaena. I was actually saying the same thing based on his attitude towards her even though he did what he thought was best by getting her out of the kingdom.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments The rift made sense to me because, as you say Christina, Chaol's loyalties were an unknown to Dorian. In addition, Chaol sent Celaena away and Dorian was hurt and angry not knowing that it was for her own safety.

Dorian finally said what I understood early in the previous book regarding Chaol's conflicting feelings for Celaena. It is why I don't believe that they will ever return to being a couple.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I agree with you both. Dorian was right on the money with Chaol feelings. He's the same way with Dorian's magic. Chaol is a very conflicted man and distance from Dorian and Celaena was much needed.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Chaol wants to protect Dorian but he is also keeping his distance because he has trouble with his magic. I think Dorian is right about Chaol's feeling for Celaena.
Dorian has a lot of conflicts to sort out.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Melissa wrote: "Chaol is a very conflicted man and distance from Dorian and Celaena was much needed. ."

Yes. I wonder where he will go now he is on the run. Will he return to his father's lands? Will his father even protect him from the King?