World, Writing, Wealth discussion

The Lounge: Chat. Relax. Unwind. > When virtual becomes real

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16033 comments Meeting virtual friends from Goodreads was all theoretic until recently, when I had an honor to meet Mike from New Jersey in Kiev/Kyiv in person and offer him a beer, as I'd promised to members -:)
It was fun and glad it occurred after a couple of years. So if anyone happens to visit Israel or Ukraine, feel free to issue an early warning and I'd be glad to extend the beer offer further -:)
Have anyone else met friends made on Goodreads? Would you like to?

message 2: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments I'm in an Australian group, and we have regular get togethers, where we meet somewhere for lunch and swap books :) We even wrap up a mystery book and pull names out of a hat to take turns to pick.

It's so much fun. I've even had one member travel to come to one of my book launches.

It must look hilarious to the owners of the cafe. All these people turning up with bags and bags of books.

message 3: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16033 comments Your meetings sound like fun, Leonie, even though didn't see a 'beer' written anywhere in your post -:)

message 4: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 1579 comments Nik wrote: "Your meetings sound like fun, Leonie, even though didn't see a 'beer' written anywhere in your post -:)"

So far they've been coffee/lunch type affairs. Possibly a bit too early for beer.... 😬

message 5: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 6151 comments Maybe consider dinner meetings, Leonie :-)

That's so cool that you and Mike got to meet, Nik. I doubt I'll ever get to Ukraine or Israel, but if you're ever in the States and make it down to Georgia or North Florida, let me know. I'll treat you to a beer and some fine seafood.

message 6: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 16033 comments Beer and seafood sound excellent, thanks, Scout! For me any place I haven't been to is a valid destination, so hope to get to your area too someday