CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

Online Book Club July > Discuss- First Impressions

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 754 comments Mod
The beginning of July came and went; I realized I did not start our book discussion! I am so sorry! But with five Mondays this month, we'll still be able to get all our topics in.

How is everyone liking the book so far? Are you enjoying Mma Ramotswe? Do you identify with her? How do you like the book's format- cases interspersed with her life history?

I'm enjoying the book so far, though it's not quite what I thought it would be. I like that there are other cases interspersed between the history and the main case, though.

Let us know your thoughts so far!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 58 comments I'm not sure what to think so far. I believe I'm about halfway through the audiobook version. I am enjoying listening to the narrator since I wouldn't know how to pronounce many of the names otherwise. It is an older title, and even though the main character is a feminist, it is still very behind the times. This also could be a cultural difference as well. I need to see how it ends to decide whether or not I will read more books in the series.

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 754 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "I'm not sure what to think so far. I believe I'm about halfway through the audiobook version. I am enjoying listening to the narrator since I wouldn't know how to pronounce many of the names otherw..."

I understand where you are coming from. I think the way it is written also plays a part in its feeling. It just feels behind the times. I kept having to remind myself that this book takes place in the 90s and not earlier. Let us know your final thoughts when you finish the audiobook!