2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7)
This topic is about Murder on Lenox Hill
Murder on Lenox Hill > Question L

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Percy York impregnated Grace. Was he ever your suspect and why? Do you agree with their decision to keep the pregnancy from him until he gets older?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments He was my only suspect as his closeness to Grace was obvious. Similar to our reluctance to view women as predators, we don't want to think of children as sexual beings.

That said, Percy was a victim too and I'm not sure he realized that his actions with Grace were wrong. Upchurch twisted his perceptions in this regard.

Yes, telling him when he is older and has come to terms with what happened to him is the right decision. I don't think he could handle the knowledge right now just like Isaiah and Rachel.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I guessed that Percy imgregnated Grace in the first half of the book. It was mentioned by someone that Grace had a fire escape which we knew someone could climb to get into her room. In a later scene, Grace told Sarah that Percy was her "boyfriend".

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments Forgot to add that I think they are correct in holding off telling Percy that he is the baby's father.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Once I eliminated Upchurch ( and that was at his introduction), Percy was also my only suspect. Grace referred to him as her boyfriend and given what Percy was going through with Upchurch, his distorted view of sex was certainly applied to Grace.

Good connection with the fire escape, Robin. I missed that.

No question that Percy is too young to be told about the pregnancy and its relationship with his actions. I’m not sure they are psychologically equipped to deal with his issues going forward but delaying the telling is the right decision.