2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7)
This topic is about Murder on Lenox Hill
Murder on Lenox Hill > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Sarah visits the Linton’s church, led by Reverend Upchurch. What were your initial impressions of him? Did he raise any suspicions?

message 2: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments I started getting suspicious when he refused to let anyone talk with the boys. What a sad world we live in where you can't see a man near kids without start thinking bad things.

My hackles went up immediately. Those boys were unusually attached to him and no one else. They looked to him before answering anyone’s questions and that set off red flags. He immediately became my #1 suspect for abusing those boys but never for impregnating Grace.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, I was immediately suspicious about his close relationship with the boys. They didn't behave like boys should and it was very creepy.

I didn't suspect him of raping Grace once his attachment to the boys became clear.

Phrynne | 605 comments I suspected him straight away and I also guessed who had impregnated Grace.

Yeah, I reluctantly landed on the right father of Grace’s baby.

Phrynne | 605 comments My reasoning was that children who are sexually abused often act it out on other children. So I guessed but not for quite the right reason. Close though!