2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7)
This topic is about Murder on Lenox Hill
Murder on Lenox Hill > Question D

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Frank’s mother is learning sign language so Brian has someone to communicate with at home. Did that surprise you?

message 2: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments At first yes, given how much she grumbled about it before, but then I realized that it was the most logical thing to do, since Frank has his job and cannot attend the school himself. And she gets to rub her usefulness in his face so it's an added bonus

At first it surprised me, too. But then I remembered how much she loves that child and, despite her disagreeable nature, she’d do just about anything for Brian.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments As Giulia mentioned, it makes sense since Frank will be working. Also, someone has to be able to communicate with Brian at home.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It did surprise me at first because she is such a closed minded woman. Yet, she obviously loves Brian and she wants to play a role in his life. By learning sign language, she is solidifying her place in his live because Frank doesn't seem to plan on learning.

Actually, Frank's not learning to sign was more of a surprise. One would think he would want to communicate with his son.

That surprised me, too, and I have no idea why he refused.

Phrynne | 605 comments Did he refuse? I missed that. I thought he was too busy to go to the school and was going to learn from the book. Lol! I must have been reading when I was tired. I always miss things that way

Yes, he refused and rather adamantly.

Phrynne | 605 comments That will teach me to concentrate:)

Lol!