2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lenox Hill (Gaslight Mystery, #7)
This topic is about Murder on Lenox Hill
Murder on Lenox Hill > Question B

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
When Sarah examines Grace and learns she’s pregnant, she assumes she’s been raped and follows a line of questioning under that assumption. Did you notice that distinction at that time, where she had no consideration for any other possibilities?

message 2: by ~ Giulia ~ (new) - added it

~ Giulia ~ | 193 comments Yes, that was a big oversight from Sarah. Grace must have gotten pregnant somehow even if she didn't understand what was happening, so after her first line of questioning failed she should have asked different questions. I spent half the time mentally screaming at the book "stop involving the police and visiting churches, just ask the girl already!!".

So did I, Giulia! Sarah is smarter than this.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, I also thought that Sarah's approach was too limited. Once it became clear that Grace wasn't hurt or frightened, it was obvious she had been seduced.

Perhaps it was necessary to continue with the rape scenario so that Sarah would have an excuse to ask Malloy for help and to investigate the church so that Upchurch's evil could be exposed.

Yes, I thought that was the reason but it weakened the plot.