Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Reading Slump

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~*Kim*~ (new)

~*Kim*~ | 578 comments Ugh, I've been in such a reading slump lately. It's not because I was reading a bad book, either. I was really enjoying the book I had going (Fitness Junkie) but all of a sudden I just didn't feel like reading anything at all. I haven't picked up a book in 3 weeks now! I wanted to restart the one I was reading, but of course I had it from the library and now there's a hold on it. Argh!

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Sorry you are in a slip. Hope it gets better

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7460 comments That's happened to me. Sometimes we just need a break. Or perhaps you could try an audiobook while driving or walking or something.

message 4: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments YeH, I’m in a slump as well. I was doing a team challenge and really pushed myself for several month. It came to a screeching halt in June. I know that this too shall pass, but it feels a bit weird. I finished a book today and don’t really have any idea what I feel like reading.

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I find that trying to disconnect from my phone helps. I can so easily waste way too much time on it. I leave it in another room, or on the other side of the room, and put it on silent.

message 6: by Amy N. (new)

Amy N. | 256 comments I get those sometimes. For me it helps to just read something easy that I know I'll enjoy, but sometimes all you can do is just go do something else for a while and come back to it when you're refreshed.