This topic is about Next to Die
Paige's Book Progress > Next To Die

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 2: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paige (iampaigeb) | 700 comments Mod
2%
I started this book before but did not finish it. To be honest, grossed me out. It has been a few years and I restart it, I don't remember any of it. It does remind me a tad of Criminal Minds on how it starts. Also love how it is about Lawyers or st least for now it is.

message 3: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

all i have to say is that this is one helluva good book

message 4: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

This one guy is hooped. I say that because he is in prison for murder and now realizes that he is innocent. I say realizes because he has confessed to police that he killed his girlfriend and probably his daughter. Now he wants Joe to prove he is innocent. But not only that he was distracted and even threatened to kill her the day she went missing and he confessed. He even has gaps. Hit her and left her blood from when he punched her. Yep.....this book is getting very interesting as Joe is the defense lawyer. His brother is a cop and is spying on him. Its gonna be good

message 5: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

37%

This is quite an interesting book. I was telling my sister about it yesterday and I was able to talk so much about it without giving anything away. I find myself siding with Joe, the defense lawyer, and a bit of yelling at Sam, his brother, for not cluing in on the clues. On the phone he keeps getting phone calls that are related to the murders. If you want a good murder mystery, pick this up

message 6: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

50%
Oh wow. Exactly half way done. I cannot put this book down. I am constantly on the edge of my seat, gripping the book, turning the pages, and cannot get enough of it. This is one book I won't spoil anyone

message 7: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

50%
Oh wow. Exactly half way done. I cannot put this book down. I am constantly on the edge of my seat, gripping the book, turning the pages, and cannot get enough of it. This is one book I won't spoil anyone.

message 8: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

I am now past half way and I am on the edge of my seat. Such a page turner. I cannot tell if Monica survived or not. And anticipation is slowly killing me.

message 9: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

68%
This whole time from the start I thought Ronnie to be innocent. Now....I am not to sure. I seem to be saying Guilty Guilty Guilty more and more as I read on. As his name is connected to the murders and cases even more and more. And he has a previous connection with Joe and I want to know what that is. They keep hinting it.

message 10: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new) - rated it 5 stars

What an emotional book. An emotional rollercoaster. I bought this book a few years back with the intent of reading it then. It may have taken a few years to get to but it was worth the wait. It is a book I thoroughly enjoyed.

Next To Die had me on the edge of my seat constantly. When you think oh I will just read 1 page and then you end up readong 50 because you want to know what happens next. I love how they take more of the legal way in the book. That Joe Parker is the more focal point of the plot and that he is a defense lawyer. I don't care for Sam much but probably cause I was hearing all sides of the mystery and saw the clues plain as day. With that said, it kept me guessing on who was the murder and why and kind of was surprised when it was someone I least expected.

This is one of those books you can talks hours about and yet give nothing away. I love books that keep you guessing. If you do, pick up Next To Die today.