Christian Theological/Philosophical Book Club discussion

Theological Questions > Paul and Timothy - A Challenge to Dads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1598 comments “Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.” (1 Timothy 1:2)

"For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel." (1 Corinthians 4:15)

God is looking for men to become "fathers in the faith" . There are so few. As Paul stated there are "ten thousand" instructors in Christ... but not many fathers!

Why is it that faith fathers are so few?

Visit our ministry web site for many FREE resources: www.Christ-like.net

Click below for a one-page, double-sided, tri-fold, PDF Bible study on this subject:

http://www.Christ-like.net/sitebuilde...

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Drumheller | 37 comments Excellent topic. I believe there are few faith fathers because the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches trips up many. I have also observed that not many fathers spend time studying the Word of God, which is essential to growing in the Lord and in instructing others.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1598 comments Robert wrote: "Excellent topic. I believe there are few faith fathers because the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches trips up many. I have also observed that not many fathers spend time studying ..."

Sad, but accurate observations, Robert.