What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Beach Music
This topic is about Beach Music
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Parents survivors of the Holocaust and the daughter is having a hard time untertanding her mother [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elba (new) - added it

Elba M (elbamsosa) | 4 comments I read this book at least 30 years ago. Some of the books takes place at a beach house. But my best recollection is when the parents of the mother decided to send her to a catholic convent. Her mother made bottoms out of gold coins. At some point in the book, she prays to the Virgin Mary, telling her that she was also a jewish girl. And put the coins in the statue.

message 2: by Elba (new) - added it

Elba M (elbamsosa) | 4 comments Please I will love to find the book. I moved several times and the book just got lost.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Moved to Unsolved.

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4323 comments Elba wrote: "Her mother made bottoms out of gold coins." Do you mean buttons?

And could it be Beach Music? Reviews mention Shyla's parents being Holocaust survivors; Ruth, the mother hides coins in Virgin Mary statue and she also prayed to her "as Jewish girl to Jewish girl".

message 5: by Elba (new) - added it

Elba M (elbamsosa) | 4 comments Thanks a million. I believe that that ia the book. The word beach and Pat Conroy sound like it might be

message 6: by Kris (last edited Jul 09, 2018 07:40AM) (new)

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Sounds like you're not quite sure. Here's the Google Books preview of Beach Music by Pat Conroy - Ayshe's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=hU0... There are different cover images.

message 7: by Elba (new) - added it

Elba M (elbamsosa) | 4 comments If you were in front of me, I will be giving you a big hug. Thank you for your help and taking the time to send me the link. And yes, this is the book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beach Music (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Pat Conroy (other topics)