Devon Book Club discussion

Archive > Hello again!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (last edited Jul 05, 2018 08:03AM) (new)

Lyn Ferrand | 9 comments I have been absent from DBC and GR's for some time, so I guess I am due a detention, or something worse. Don't have a letter from my mum, but I will explain and reintroduce myself, if you can stomach it.
Fifteen months ago, my husband suffered a stroke, following heart surgery. Overnight, I was plunged into the world of caring. It was a shock to the system. Family rallied round, but there weren't enough hours in the day to manage everything, including reading and writing. In the last six months, I have managed to finish my fourth novel, Jonty's Win, an optimistic and I hope, funny story, to make you laugh, or at least smile.
Fortunately, husband is doing well and life is slowly getting sorted. I have even started reading again, o joy! I love this site and Good Reads and thank you to everyone who has read my books. Hope you enjoy Jonty's Win. I'm already researching the sequel! Oh, and thanks Ian for your support.

message 2: by Ian (new)

Ian | 3133 comments Mod
Lyn wrote: "I have been absent from DBC and GR's for some time, so I guess I am due a detention, or something worse. Don't have a letter from my mum, but I will explain and reintroduce myself, if you can stoma..."

Great to have you back Lyn and, most importantly, to hear that Mike is on the road to recovery. It is a sign of the drive that is in you that you have still managed to write a new book and we all wish you the best of luck with it. I'm looking forward to sharing more about it with our network - which I think has grown by around 1000 since you were last active.

Such a fantastic group to be a part of.

Best wishes to the family and do tell us more about Jonty's win