Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Top Three New Releases for the Second Half of 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
In January, we asked you what books you were most looking forward to for the beginning half of the year. Now that 2018 is half over (crazy!), what three new releases are you most looking forward to that are coming out in the second half of 2018?

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2150 comments St At the beginning of the year I made a list for new releases that I wanted to keep track of. All the books I was most excited for got pushed back from their original date. So I have new books I’m looking forward to.

1. Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews - August 28th - last book in the Kate Daniels series.

2. The Empire of Ashes by Anthony Ryan - July 5th - was waiting for this series to be finished to start and now it is so I will.

3. Marked by Benedict Jacka - July 5th - 9th book in the Alex Verus series. Probably the only ongoing series that I’m keeping up with.

Two of them are already out so not much waiting to be done.

message 3: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (last edited Jul 05, 2018 07:29AM) (new)

Timelord Iain | 17959 comments Mod
My list is very similar to Bill's:

Magic Triumphs -- love Ilona Andrews -- August 28th
Night and Silence -- love Seanan McGuire -- September 4th
Marked -- big fan of Benedict Jacka's Alex Verus series... released this week

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
In no particular order

Foundryside -Robert Bennett Jackson's (Devine Cities) new series

Bloody Rose - Nicolas Eames book two of The Band.

The Ember Blade - Chris Wooding (Ketty Jay) new series

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1769 comments In no particular order:

Elevation - New Stephen King. I'm behind on my recent King books, but they're standalone so I can jump right to this. And, set in Castle Rock.

Lies of the Beholder - Sanderson's Legion series, #3. Really enjoyed the first two in his urban fantasy set.

Fire & Blood - Yes, I know he's punking us all with ASOIAF, but it's related and this fake history stuff of his is realllly good.

message 6: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Tiamat's Wrath (The Expanse #8) by James SA Corey
Foundryside by RJ Bennet
Lies Sleeping (Peter Grant #7) by Ben Aaronovitch

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7557 comments Mod
I'd say The Empire of Ashes as my #1, but it's already here!!! :D

I'm picking more than 3:
Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) by Ilona Andrews Lies of the Beholder (Legion, #3) by Brandon Sanderson Search Image by Julie E. Czerneda Fury (Menagerie #3) by Rachel Vincent Skyward by Brandon Sanderson Tiamat's Wrath (The Expanse, #8) by James S.A. Corey Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Wrath of the Dragon King (Dragonwatch, #2) by Brandon Mull
Magic Triumphs (KATE DANIELS FINALE!!) Ilona Andrews
Lies of the Beholder (Legion #3) Brandon Sanderson
Search Image (a new Essen novel!!! :D) Julie Czerneda
Fury (Menagerie #3) Rachel Vincent
Skyward Sanderson's newest series. So there.
Tiamat's Wrath (new Expanse!!) James S.A. Corey
Little White Lies (Love this author's YA crime fiction) Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Wrath of the Dragon King (Fablehaven awesomeness continues) Brandon Mull

I would've had The Light of All That Falls in the top 3, but we all know how that turned out... 2019.

message 8: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new)

Timelord Iain | 17959 comments Mod
Niki Hawkes wrote: "I'd say The Empire of Ashes as my #1, but it's already here!!! :D

I'm picking more than 3:
Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) by Ilona AndrewsLies of the Beholder (Legion, #3) by Brandon Sanderson[bookcover:Se..."

I'd add Sanderson releases, and Fury to my list... and Expanse... and Custard Protocol, for some steampunk...

message 9: by Miche (new)

Miche | 3175 comments Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor - Strange the Dreamer 2
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas - final book of Throne of Glass
Lies of the Beholder by Brandon Sanderson - final book of his Legion series.

message 10: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10) by Ilona Andrews Age of War (The Legends of the First Empire #3) by Michael J. Sullivan Bloody Rose (The Band, #2) by Nicholas Eames

1. Magic Triumphs I've been working my way through the series this year whenever I'm worried about going into a slump because they are such easy reads. Super excited that I'm going to get more so soon.

2. Age of War It came out a few days ago, but technically after the first half of the year. I'm excited about this, but I'm going to wait for a while because of other buddy reads. I am loving this series so far, though.

3. Bloody Rose I haven't even read the first one yet, but I've heard such good things about it. I bought the first one so I can read them right after each other and join the buddy reads.

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Here are a few I'm excited about.

War Cry by Brian McClellan
Dry by Neal and Jarrod Shusterman
Lies of the Beholder by Brandon Sanderson

Also excited for Skyward and Age of War (though I've already finished it). I'm not really up on what is coming when, so there could be others I'm missing.