Historical Romance Book Club discussion

Yours Until Dawn
This topic is about Yours Until Dawn
Gaol/BOTM > BOTM - August, 2018 - Yours Until Dawn

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Discussion thread for August, 2018 BOTM. Please remember to use the spoiler tags when necessary! (Please see 'some html is ok' for instructions).

Happy reading:)

Yours Until Dawn
Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros

Gabriel Fairchild's valor during battle earns him the reputation of hero, but costs him both his sight and his hope for the future. Abandoned by the fiancée he adored, the man who once walked like a prince among London's elite secludes himself in his family's mansion, cursing his way through dark days and darker nights.
Prim nurse Samantha Wickersham arrives at Fairchild Park to find her new charge behaving more like a beast than a man. Determined to do her duty, she engages the arrogant earl in a battle of both wit and wills. Although he claims she doesn't possess an ounce of womanly softness, she can feel his heart racing at her slightest touch. As Samantha begins to let the light back into Gabriel's life and his heart, they both discover that some secrets -- and some pleasures -- are best explored in the dark ...

message 2: by Mariana (last edited Jul 06, 2018 04:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mariana | 2311 comments Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros is currently on sale in the Kindle Store for $1.99.

message 3: by Priya (last edited Jul 06, 2018 11:29PM) (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Thank you, Mariana. Usually, the sale price starts in India a day after it starts on US website. I will grab it when it starts.

Mariana | 2311 comments I hope it does. Apparently, it is full price in Australia.

message 5: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4107 comments Mod
It is August! Who’s in for this read? When are you starting? I am in, and I will probably be a week or so before starting.

Paige | 14 comments I'm in! But I probably won't start until the weekend.

message 7: by Loriidae (last edited Aug 02, 2018 12:31AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Loriidae | 1120 comments Confession: I ended up reading it last week. For a challenge in another group it is #595 All Time Favorite Romance Novels List

I made some notes. I will be really interested to see what others think.

message 8: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) | 0 comments I'm in too - probably next week!

Cath | 295 comments I'm in and will start the book in a few days

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 732 comments I'm in...I started a bit early but haven't gotten very far ..will pick up this weekend

Shannon | 348 comments Finishing with my current 2 reads this weekend and starting "Yours Until Dawn" next week. I'm excited. I've not read this author.

message 12: by Uvi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Uvi I’m in

message 13: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay! Glad to see the number joining in!

Lorien | 398 comments Im in but won't start till Sunday most likely

message 15: by Priya (last edited Aug 03, 2018 10:44PM) (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments I am in but, I can start only in the next week.

Mariana | 2311 comments I am definitely in and can start reading when most others do.

Paige | 14 comments I started yesterday and am already more than half way done.. I'm surprise at how fast and smooth this reads. I've only read one other Theresa Medeiros book Breath of Magic and I feel that the writing in Yours Until Dawn is much improved.

Lee at ReadWriteWish (leeatreadwritewish) | 20 comments I started reading this about two days ago and have finished already. Haven't yet written my review but I loved it. So glad it was a challenge book because I don't think I would have looked twice at it, especially given its boring cover.

Mariana | 2311 comments This will be my first book by Teresa Medeiros. I downloaded it last night and plan to start reading today. I agree about the cover. If this was not a book of the month, I probably would never have picked it up when it was on sale. According to Goodreads, this is her most popular book and it is not part of a series.

message 20: by Missy (semi-hiatus) (last edited Aug 05, 2018 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Missy (semi-hiatus) | 1192 comments @Lee, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a nice little gem.

@Paige, it is a fast read. I recall finishing it in one day when I first read it back in Feb. 2017.

message 21: by Uvi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Uvi I am more than half way done with the book. I really like it. Will probably finish by tomorrow.

Paige | 14 comments (view spoiler)

Mariana | 2311 comments I started yesterday, and I finished today.

Because it was such a fast read, there has been little chapter by chapter discussion.

I definitely have some comments after others are finished.

Lee at ReadWriteWish (leeatreadwritewish) | 20 comments My review is here. I ended up giving it 4 out of 5.

Lorien | 398 comments I got a chapter in this morning before work, liking it so far...

Tanya Sridhar (angellus08) | 341 comments My first book by Teresa Medeiros. The premise intrigues me so I'm definitely excited for it! Will start tonight if time permits!

message 27: by Alexandria (last edited Aug 07, 2018 01:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexandria Jane | 5 comments Just finished it! My review is https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2484416066?book_show_action=false

Also just to brag :P (view spoiler)

Lee at ReadWriteWish (leeatreadwritewish) | 20 comments Me too Alexandria

Tanya Sridhar (angellus08) | 341 comments I'm still through with one chapter. However, I plan to read at work today! Don't judge me. It's a lean day :)

Lorien | 398 comments I have a guess at the plot twist, but so far I'm loving it

Tanya Sridhar (angellus08) | 341 comments I'm halfway through and I think I've already guessed the big plot twist.

Still really enjoying the book!

Lorien | 398 comments Tanya wrote: "I'm halfway through and I think I've already guessed the big plot twist.

Still really enjoying the book!"

Well I just took a long lunch and finished it.
I don't know if I would have guessed the plot twist if someone hadn't mentioned there was one.
But very cute.

message 33: by Loriidae (last edited Aug 08, 2018 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Loriidae | 1120 comments I ended up reading this last week to complete a challenge in a different group. It is #595 All Time Favorite Romance Novels list.

Now that a few have finished - My thoughts:

20% That was funny. (view spoiler)

34% (view spoiler)

37% (view spoiler)

38% (view spoiler)

43% (view spoiler)

69% Chapter 17 (view spoiler)

76% Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

message 34: by Mariana (last edited Aug 08, 2018 04:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mariana | 2311 comments Loriidae wrote: "I ended up reading this last week to complete a challenge in a different group. It is #595 All Time Favorite Romance Novels list.

20% That was funny. [spoilers removed]

34% [spoilers removed]

..."

Although my overall rating is double yours, I agree with your comments.

The description of Samantha by the butler through her gestures was funny. I had no idea at the time why she would want an inacurate description.

Even though I knew there was some sort of plot twist 3/4 of way through, I didn't figure it out in advance. I didn't really try to and was not super surprised but I don't know if I preferred it.

I hate tropes where people claim to love another person, but they cannot be honest. They cannot apologize and give the relationship a real shot. Their guilt requires continued dishonesty.

(view spoiler)

Loriidae | 1120 comments Mariana wrote: "Loriidae wrote: "I ended up reading this last week to complete a challenge in a different group. It is #595 All Time Favorite Romance Novels list.

20% That was funny. [spoilers removed]

34% [spo..."

(view spoiler)

Lorien | 398 comments I have to agree with you guys (view spoiler)

Alternate twist reveal possibilities(view spoiler) I did appreciate the lack of angst in the end even if it felt a little too simple. Endings that feel rushed in any way bother me, this was border line.
The epilogue earned points with me though, that was cute.

message 37: by Uvi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Uvi Finished this one last night. I loved Gabriel. I teared up more than once when I read about the disabled soldiers coming back from war and being mistreated/overlooked by society simply because it made them “uncomfortable.” I think this is still relevant in today’s society/time. I loved that this book didn’t have insta love store, hate those.

Alexandria Jane | 5 comments Lorien wrote: "Tanya wrote: "I'm halfway through and I think I've already guessed the big plot twist.

I don't know if I would ha..."

Yeah, I'm really bummed that the reviews I read mentioned a "completely shocking" plot twist -_- Otherwise, I don't think I would have seen it coming...good plot twists in romances are so hard to find!

message 39: by Leigh-Ayn (new) - added it

Leigh-Ayn | 7 comments I just bought this book on kindle (I am a late starter lol) and now I am dreading reading it. I know I shouldn't have read the spoilers and that is on me but I hate the idea of (view spoiler)

message 40: by Shannon (last edited Aug 08, 2018 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shannon | 348 comments NOOOOOOOO..... holding my ears, covering my eyes. I'm avoiding the reviews until I'm finished.

message 41: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

Me too Shannon!

Lorien | 398 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I just bought this book on kindle (I am a late starter lol) and now I am dreading reading it. I know I shouldn't have read the spoilers and that is on me but I hate the idea of [spoilers removed]"

I'll just have to spoiler this whole comment.
(view spoiler)

Tanya Sridhar (angellus08) | 341 comments Lorien wrote: "Tanya wrote: "I'm halfway through and I think I've already guessed the big plot twist.

I don't know if I would ha..."

Yes I don't think I would have guessed it either. I read it in one of the reviews while first checking out the book. However, I think the only reason we wouldn't catch the plot twist would be because we wouldn't expect one in a romance.

Otherwise, it isn't very difficult to figure it out.

Tanya Sridhar (angellus08) | 341 comments I just finished the book and have multiple feelings. In short I absolutely loved it till 80% and post that I struggled.

However the good part of the book is just so good, that it'll definitely stay with me for long.

(view spoiler)

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 732 comments Close to finishing. Review to come

Sara Reads (mostly) Romance (mostly_historicalromancejunkie) I read this book earlier this year and absolutely loved it, was AMAZED BY IT, gave it five stars! Here is my review

Lorien | 398 comments Tanya wrote: "I just finished the book and have multiple feelings. In short I absolutely loved it till 80% and post that I struggled.

However the good part of the book is just so good, that it'll definitely st..."

yeah, there was so much good it's hard to write it all off for one bad part.

message 48: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited Aug 10, 2018 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 732 comments Finished and truly enjoyed reading this one by Ms. Medeiros. It was heartfelt and made you want to laugh at times and cry at times. It was hard for me to put down at time. My Review

Mariana | 2311 comments Shannon wrote: "NOOOOOOOO..... holding my ears, covering my eyes. I'm avoiding the reviews until I'm finished."

Yes, please do not read these comments. :)

message 50: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just got started last night. It does seem like an easy read! Enjoying so far!

« previous 1