Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > please add book to series + duplicate copies

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess Vonn | 5 comments Hello, could you add my new book to my series?

"Spring Me Ahead" is book 3 in my Love by the Seasons series.

Also, is it possible to delete the extra two versions of my first two books that don't have any reviews? I'm not sure why they're there. They're listed as volumes instead of the series, which is correct.

A Time to Fall (Volume 1)
Warm Me in Winter (Volume 2)

Thank you!

Jess Vonn

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Jess,
could you please confirm if these books have characters in common?

I combined the editions on your profile and corrected the titles.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Vonn | 5 comments Yes, they're all based on the same group of childhood friends living in the same town.

Thank you!

Jessica

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Thank you.
Book #3 added to the series
https://www.goodreads.com/series/2208...

message 5: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Baird (ginnybaird) | 18 comments Good morning. :)
Could someone please add the last two books to the Christmas Town series by Ginny Baird? These are:
His Christmas Joy (Christmas Town, Book #7)
Noelle's Best Christmas (Christmas Town, Book #8)
Thanks so much!
Ginny

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess Vonn | 5 comments Thank you!!!!

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments #5 Same question Ginny,
are there characters in common for the books in this series?

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45489 comments Mod
Not sure about common characters, but they all seem to be set in the same little town. That would constitute a common universe.

However, these two are clearly labelled as novellas, so I have numbered them #6.5 and #6.6.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/1865...

message 9: by Ginny (last edited Jul 05, 2018 12:16PM) (new)

Ginny Baird (ginnybaird) | 18 comments rivka wrote: "Not sure about common characters, but they all seem to be set in the same little town. That would constitute a common universe.

However, these two are clearly labelled as novellas, so I have numbe..."

Hello, thanks for adding these last two books to the series! Yes, they are all set in the same town with common characters. However, I'm concerned that the labeling of Book 7 and Book 8 as Book 6.5 and Book 6.6 will prove confusing to readers. While these last two stories are novellas, they are installments #7 and #8 in the Christmas Town series which takes place over the course of 8 Christmases. Book 1 is Year 1, Book 2 is Year 2, etc. So Book 7 happens during the seventh year in the series (not at 6.5), and Book 8 occurs during the eighth year (not at year 6.6). This is important because all the characters in the series age one year sequentially beginning in Book 1. So, the teenagers we meet in Book 1 are actually adults in Book 7 and 8 when they later have their own stories. I have other book series where novellas are given full numbers, so I'm not understanding why the change here? Most vendors do not allow .5 designations, so seeing the books this way at Goodreads will not have the editions line up with how they are marketed and sold at Amazon, B&N, Apple iTunes, Kobo and Google. If you could please change the designations back to His Christmas Joy (Book 7) and Noelle's Best Christmas (Book 8) that would be so super, and really greatly appreciated! Thanks so much, and please let me know if you have additional questions.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45489 comments Mod
Please note that series numbering on Goodreads may differ from the numbering elsewhere, especially if the series includes novellas or shorts. See https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

(Duplicate thread deleted.)

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25081 comments Is one of them really only five pages? That's not even a novella, it's a short story.

message 12: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Baird (ginnybaird) | 18 comments No. That is the preorder demo file. The book will be 185 pages.

message 13: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Baird (ginnybaird) | 18 comments rivka wrote: "Please note that series numbering on Goodreads may differ from the numbering elsewhere, especially if the series includes novellas or shorts. See https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4......"

Thanks for your time and the information!