Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Audio Library

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 830 comments I have had a platinum Audible subscription for about two years and I have always taken advantage of Audible sales. But I was surprised to realize that I have 65 audiobooks to my name. It made me curious as to how many other people have. How big is your Audible library?

message 2: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3098 comments 400

I begin to wish you hadn't asked this question :) I am addicted.
In my defense, many of these 'books' are single short stories that were audible freebees or very discounted. I like to reread my favorite DTB books and I re-listen to my favorite selections. Audiobooks are also my answer to insomnia. I sleep better and find it healthier than pills.

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I have downloaded 74 since February of 2014.

I do not take advantage of Audible sales as much as I should, but I use my local library A LOT. Really, I go to the library first and I only use an Audible credit if it is something my library does not have (though, I always request my library purchase it first) or is something that I just do not want to wait on.

message 4: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3098 comments I feel a bit better. I've had a platinum account since 2008. I have actually been thinking about cutting it back. I use overdrive to get my books through my library pretty often now. I'm beginning to accumulate unused credits.

message 5: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Have also been a platinum member for a while.

I have just over 700 books in audible library. To be fair, I share the account with my husband who has a long commute. He mostly listens to sci/fi and fantasy which are not readily available at the library. I do also re-listen to some favorites if they are on-sale.

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I only have 32 in my library, but I also have a Kobo subscription as sometimes I can’t get the titles I want from Audible Australia. I borrow lots from the library too. I’ve been listening since 2016.

message 7: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2297 comments I love audio but I get all mine from the library; either the on-line download or I get the discs and put them on my MP3. Consequently, I don't own many but have many in my "library"!

message 8: by Idit (new)

Idit | 1028 comments I have about 35. Was collecting credits for a while because I used to only take 20 hours book or above (greedy lol), but now I go shorter books as well (I still don’t chose under 6 hours), but I’m constantly on zero, waiting for credits.
I have 3 local libraries subscriptions - trying to get free audiobooks, but the libraries in Sydney suck. They mainly have romances. Not a lot of good literary fiction. Hardly nothing between say 1910-1990. And heaps of abridged book - which I try to avoid as well

There aren’t as many good sales in amazon Australia so I’m stuck with one book a month

message 9: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2097 comments I have 9 though to be honest, I originally was setting up free trials. You can set up as many free trials as you have credit cards, debit cards and any other kind of card to use for payment. Also, I get many of my books through overdrive.

message 10: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1497 comments I have 42 on audible, I've returned quite a few (I only return ones I can't finish) ... But I have them lined up on Overdrive and that's where most of them are from ... in fact ...

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6380 comments I only joined audible last month so I could get The Fiery Cross for free!

My second audible book is Ordinary Grace ... but that will hold until my Overdrive audiobooks are finished.

message 12: by Ladyslott (last edited Jul 05, 2018 09:51AM) (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments I also have a Platinum membership and I have 383 books in my Audible library, I have listened to 336 so I have 47 yet to to read. I have been a member since 2002, but only a Platinum subscriber for about 5 years.

I've used Overdrive for some books, but not many; I mostly listen while walking or riding my bike (not on the street, on the boardwalk where I don't need to worry about cars since they have a large dedicated bike lane). I don't like the pressure to try and finish an audio in 2 weeks, and I usually have my holds full with books I really want to read, so Audible is the best option for me. And you can rollover a maximum of 12 credits when you renew.

I also buy a lot of audios at really great prices when they have a members only sale.

message 13: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2097 comments Concierge. That is the book I just got from audible too. Ordinary Grace.

message 14: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6380 comments Jason wrote: "Concierge. That is the book I just got from audible too. Ordinary Grace."

Buddy "listen"?

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9324 comments Cannot wait to be a part of that conversation! Plus, Jason might end up beating me in buddy reads for July. I am counting three, but this guy seems to be going for four!

message 16: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments I have way more books on my audible account than I expected: 165. Only 10 unread. I pick up a lot from the library as well.

message 17: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1662 comments I'm new to Audible and audio books in general. I got Audible and my first audio book mid-Dec 2017 and the addiction has been growing ever since. I'm up to 17 and have been taking advantage of the sales... I'm still figuring the audio side of books all out.

message 18: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2097 comments Book Concierge, I will set up a thread when I get to this. Reading The Power then will start on this one.