Great American Read List discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Track Series—Schedule Change

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jul 06, 2018 10:39AM) (new)

Lavan Zerach | 498 comments Mod
I have decided to change the start and finish dates for the Track series books. I don't think we need an entire month to read each. They're short, fast reads and each can be finished in about four hours. They're the type of books that you can complete effortlessly in one day, if you have the time.

The new schedule for this series will be as follows, giving three weeks per book:

Ghost: July 1 - 21

Patina: July 22 - August 11

Sunny: August 12 - 31

We will begin a new book series in September.

message 2: by Tasha (new)

Tasha got it, thanks. :)

message 3: by Laurie (new)

Laurie | 15 comments A little frustrated here...none of the books being selected here have been at my local library. I know you can read fast Lavan, but for those of us waiting on library loans, it feels like we will never be in sync!

message 4: by Lavan, moderator (last edited Jul 22, 2018 08:21PM) (new)

Lavan Zerach | 498 comments Mod
Laurie wrote: "A little frustrated here...none of the books being selected here have been at my local library. I know you can read fast Lavan, but for those of us waiting on library loans, it feels like we will n..."

I'm sorry that you're frustrated, Laurie.
Please don't feel as though you need to read group selections by the scheduled finish dates. We're flexible here. Once a discussion is open for a list book it will remain so indefinitely. I, and I believe others, will respond to any members who share their thoughts and resume a thread that's been idle.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.