YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

First Days (The Ghost Bird, #2)
This topic is about First Days
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Ghost Bird Series, by C.L. Stone - starting with Book 2, First Days - beginning July 3rd, 2018

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments Book 2 Description:
Sang Sorenson used to be the invisible girl in class. As a new student to Ashley Waters High School, Sang hopes that her new friends will be the change she’s been craving and will make fitting in a breeze.

But Academy students aren’t there to take it easy. The high school is overcrowded and rife with violence. When fights begin, Sang will uncover the true reason the boys traded in their private school life for a public one.

This year, Sang will no longer be invisible. This year, Sang is a target.

The principal and vice principal are hot to take Sang down, and her own mother is determined to entrap Sang forever in her belief that the safest place to be is in the shadows. Despite this, Nathan, Luke, Kota, North, Silas, Victor, and Gabriel will discover Sang’s unyielding loyalty.

And they will sorely need it.

The Academy, supremely influential.

Jennifer | 3551 comments First Days (The Ghost Bird, #2) by C.L. Stone

First Day - (view spoiler)
Whatever you need - (view spoiler)
Inappropriate - (view spoiler)
Bait - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Sorry. Been busy at work. I will have some updates for the book today.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Not worries, Sharon! I’ve been without my computer all week so I’m behind on my comments and reviews. Should start to post again on Friday.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Friends vs. Family (The Ghost Bird, #3) by C.L. Stone

Saturday - (view spoiler)
Escape - (view spoiler)
Sang the Cheater - (view spoiler)
The Academy, Capable - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Forgiveness and Permission (The Ghost Bird, #4) by C.L. Stone

Secret Dreams - (view spoiler)
The Raven Haired Girl - (view spoiler)
North Unleashed - (view spoiler)
Accusations - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Drop of Doubt (The Ghost Bird, #5) by C.L. Stone

Reaction - (view spoiler)
Victor Talented - (view spoiler)
A dream and a Song - (view spoiler)
The Art of a Thief - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Sharon, I know you've read this series before. I'm not sure which book you will start with - if you just want to pick up where you left off, that's cool. I'm committed to reading them all.

This series is the only thing I read while on my vacation this week, so I'm up to book 8. I just didn't have access to my computer to add the comments and reviews until today (I hate trying to do it through the phone app - it stinks!). I just didn't want you to see all the updates and feel pressured to reread if you didn't want to.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Push and Shove (The Ghost Bird, #6) by C.L. Stone

Perilous Gossip - (view spoiler)
Can't Run Away from a Fight - (view spoiler)
A Night Away - (view spoiler)
Skipping school w/Blackbourne - (view spoiler)
Dr. Green's condo - (view spoiler)
Cornered - (view spoiler)

message 10: by Sharon (last edited Jul 14, 2018 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Jennifer wrote: "Sharon, I know you've read this series before. I'm not sure which book you will start with - if you just want to pick up where you left off, that's cool. I'm committed to reading them all.

This s..."

I read up to book 9. However, I am reading from books 2 and onwards because I read it them in 2015-2016. So, I might just be slow at posting my updates, but I am reading I promise.

message 11: by Sharon (last edited Jul 14, 2018 05:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments First Days (The Ghost Bird, #2) by C.L. Stone
Misery Loves: (view spoiler)

First Day: (view spoiler)

Whatever You Need: (view spoiler)

Grounded: (view spoiler)

Trouble: (view spoiler)

Ending Thoughts: (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments House of Korba (The Ghost Bird, #7) by C.L. Stone
Complicated Dating - (view spoiler)
Focus your efforts - (view spoiler)
Lost him already - (view spoiler)
How the Greeks...Kissing - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I'm trying to catch up on my comments and reviews for this series. I keep having to battle my kids for the computer - they won't stop playing Fortnight!!!

The Other Side of Envy (The Ghost Bird, #8) by C.L. Stone
House of Coleman - (view spoiler)
Gabriel Coleman, Embarrassed - (view spoiler)
Mixed Feelings - (view spoiler)
Restless Panic - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments The Healing Power of Sugar (The Ghost Bird, #9) by C.L. Stone

Hide and Seek (20%) - (view spoiler)
A date w/Luke (40%) - (view spoiler)
The perfect kiss (43%) - (view spoiler)
Games (70%) - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments First Kiss (The Ghost Bird, #10) by C.L. Stone
A visit to the past (18%) - (view spoiler)
Unexpected Guests (42%) - (view spoiler)
New Recruit (59%) - (view spoiler)
A rift among friends (78%) - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11) by C.L. Stone
Diving In (15%) - (view spoiler)
In the dark (30%) - (view spoiler)
Dolled (40%) - (view spoiler)
Dinner (78%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler) Stuff better happen in the next book...I'm just saying! It's Blackbourne's book, right? I think I've been anticipating his the most.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Love's Cruel Redemption (The Ghost Bird, #12) by C.L. Stone
The plot that thickens (20%) - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Love's Cruel Redemption (The Ghost Bird, #12) by C.L. Stone

Left behind (40%) - (view spoiler)
Individual Feelings (60%) - (view spoiler)
Work alone - (78%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler) Ugh, I guess we will just have to wait for the next book to come out, and since this one just came out, I assume we will have a bit of a wait. :(

Do either of you want to read the Scarab Beetle series? It is Kayli's (Wil's sister) story.

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Jennifer wrote: "Love's Cruel Redemption (The Ghost Bird, #12) by C.L. Stone

Left behind (40%) - [spoilers removed]
Individual Feelings (60%) - [spoilers removed]
Work alone - (78%) - [spoilers removed]
Finished - [spoilers remo..."

Ya, I am in. I want to see what Kayli's story is like too

Jennifer | 3551 comments Maybe in August?

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Jennifer wrote: "Maybe in August?"

YES!!!

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ok, I'll set up a series thread for the beginning of the month! Both groups (YA and CC) ok?

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ok, I'll set up a series thread for the beginning of the month! Both groups (YA and CC) ok?"

Great

Jennifer | 3551 comments Set for 8/6 - but feel free to start earlier if you like.

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Jennifer wrote: "Set for 8/6 - but feel free to start earlier if you like."

Thanks Jen

message 26: by Sharon (last edited Jul 21, 2018 12:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Friends vs. Family (The Ghost Bird, #3) by C.L. Stone
9%: (view spoiler)

19%: (view spoiler)

27%: (view spoiler)

37%: (view spoiler)

52%: (view spoiler)

65%: (view spoiler)

76%: (view spoiler)

86%: (view spoiler)

Ending Thoughts: (view spoiler)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments I actually read up to book 9, but I did not have time to post my updates. I will be doing that today and tomorrow.

message 28: by Sharon (last edited Jul 29, 2018 09:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Forgiveness and Permission (The Ghost Bird, #4) by C.L. Stone
Onslaught (5%): (view spoiler)

Lackey (25%): (view spoiler)

Jealousy (45%): (view spoiler)

The Limit of Jealousy (66%): (view spoiler)

Dear Agony (86%): (view spoiler)

Ending Thoughts (100%): (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.