75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
Book Buddies Harry Potter SERIES > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Jul 05, 2018 05:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7992 comments Mod
This thread is to talk about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth book in the Harry Potter series!

Intro Questions:
Are you reading or are you listening?
How many times have you read this?
How many times have you listened to this?
Have you watched the movie?

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments I'll be reading this one instead of listening. This book is the hardest one in the series for me (view spoiler) and I want to be in control of the pace for it.

message 3: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Are you reading or are you listening? Listening and maybe reading some.
How many times have you read this? 3 times
How many times have you listened to this? First time
Have you watched the movie? Yes, but I think only once in theaters! I don't think I've ever watched it at home. lol

I started listening this morning and ok so WTH, Jim Dale?! For 4 books he did not pronounce the T in Voldemort and now he is saying VoldemorT. That's incredibly annoying!!

message 4: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Harry kind of drives me nuts in this one, he's such a moody, sullen teenager. And then Sirius the adult version of a moody, sullen teenager! lol

message 5: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thestrals! So cool! Umbridge, OMG that b*#&$!! She is the WORST, holy crap. About halfway through!

message 6: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh god Neville. *sob* Guts me!!!

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments Elyse wrote: "Oh god Neville. *sob* Guts me!!!" Me too!!

message 8: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished yesterday. The ending is so good, so much story unraveling. And it's SO HARD. To listen to, to read. It's just difficult and so emotional. I need a break from HP at this point since 6 and 7 are also really heavy. Going to switch over to some Aurora Teagarden audio! lol

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments I've read this so many times that it shouldn't be a surprise... but F^%#$ing Umbridge! I'm always surprised at how overwhelming my hatred for her is.

message 10: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stacie wrote: "I've read this so many times that it shouldn't be a surprise... but F^%#$ing Umbridge! I'm always surprised at how overwhelming my hatred for her is."

UGH YES. She is awful and pissed me off to no end!!!

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments Elyse wrote: "UGH YES. She is awful and piss..."

And (view spoiler). Even knowing how that resolves doesn't make up for it.

Stacie (stacieh) | 1825 comments And then you get to the end... I remember how I felt the first time I read the book. How, at the end, I was tired from the emotional rollercoaster Harry's fifth year had been but hopeful that we were at a good resting place, and that The Order had a good handle on what was to come. Now, after having finished the series and knowing what is still to come, there's this Morgan Freeman voice in my head going "But there would be no rest. In fact, ..."

message 13: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stacie wrote: "And then you get to the end... I remember how I felt the first time I read the book. How, at the end, I was tired from the emotional rollercoaster Harry's fifth year had been but hopeful that we we..."

Ugh yes. No respite! No one has a plan! lol

Carol (carol07) | 3083 comments Are you reading or are you listening? Listenening

How many times have you read this? This is the 3rd time

How many times have you listened to this? 2 times, read it the first time.

Have you watched the movie? Yes. When we go for a Harry Potter Binge watch, we usually sputter out about #3, but I believe I have seen the movie at least 3 times.