Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > Amazon's New no post to Aust

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 03, 2018 05:00AM) (new)

Today I went to Amazon to order some author copies of my books only to discover Amazon no longer post to Australia. Now to buy paperbacks in Amazon.com.au in bundles of 20 at a time and have them shipped to aust through amazon US as they suggest means I'd have to charge 4 times the amount per book to my readers that I currently charge. Something in all good conscience I am unwilling to do. It is no longer worth doing the paperbacks through amazon as an Australian author as how can we promote and sell our own works under these regulations silly goverment. I guess they are forcing us to do Kindle only. Unhappy about this. I had to cancel my book signing for later this month as I will not have anywhere near enough copies of my books now. I am saddened by this whole affair it really took the sting out of writing for me.

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 72218 comments Mod
I've transferred this to the Author Spotlight section Julie as it's about your work. We've had a discussion going about the changes which took place on 1st July, for about 6 weeks now. We all knew it was coming but I for one wasn't sure how deeply it would affect us. It's bad luck for authors like yourself. But surely you can get them published in Australia much cheaper? Supporting Australian instead of going the US route would surely be cheaper for you?

Good luck with sorting it out.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Brenda. I've looked into some self publishing here in Aust and unfortunately even though its local they don't offer the same things and it is very expensive. I will keep looking though. something may come up eventually.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 72218 comments Mod
Perhaps you could tap into other self published authors and what they do. Facebook is a great resource for authors helping each other out 😊

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 1215 comments This is a sorry state of affairs for self-published authors. I'd wondered if Amazon would make an exception for those in our position. I don't think there's anywhere else we can get small quantities of books printed at reasonable prices.