Play Book Tag discussion

The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4)
This topic is about The Fallen
Archive: Other Books > The Fallen by David Baldacci (4 out of 5 Stars)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeremiah Cunningham | 717 comments Something sinister is going on in Baronville. The rust belt town has seen four bizarre murders in the space of two weeks. Cryptic clues left at the scenes--obscure bible verses, odd symbols--have the police stumped.

Amos Decker and his FBI colleague Alex Jamison are in Baronville visiting Alex's sister and her family. It's a bleak place: a former mill and mining town with a crumbling economy and rampant opioid addiction. Decker has only been there a few hours when he stumbles on a horrific double murder scene.

The Positives of The Fallen
This 4th book in the Amos Decker series continues the stories of Amos Decker, a detective with special mental abilities, and his partner and calming influence Alex Jamison. One of the best things about the way Baldacci writes these books is that you can read them independent of the others. I listened to the first book in the series but missed the next two. However, I did not miss a beat when I listened to this book. Baldacci does an excellent job of laying enough ground work without bogging down the book.

The Negatives of The Fallen
Much like many mystery/suspense novels, this one requires you to suspend reality and set aside your disbelief. However, I thought this book made required an extra measure of this at times. Some of the scenarios were a bit over the top. Not so much that it damaged the book, but enough to bring down my rating a bit.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8424 comments J.W. wrote: "Something sinister is going on in Baronville. The rust belt town has seen four bizarre murders in the space of two weeks. Cryptic clues left at the scenes--obscure bible verses, odd symbols--have t..."

I have this on my GR TBR and physically on the shelf at home.

Baldacci has always been one of my go-to authors, but his last few books have fell short for me.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review. Interesting thought that you had of a bit over the top. I was just reading something by an editor that stated readers need to be able to believe the scenarios in a story. That these things could actually happen.