The Classics Book Club discussion

The Great Gatsby
This topic is about The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby > Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie (neonyetireads) What did you think about this book? What are you looking forward to?

(no spoilers here please!)

Katie (neonyetireads) This book is my best friend's favorite book, so I was super excited that it was picked for this month. I really liked the book. There were just a couple of things that needed some more explanation and I felt like the ending happened too quickly for me.

Crunchy Pickle (crunchypickle) | 11 comments Hi! I'm new and so I was wondering who picks the books we read. You do right?
Anyway, the great Gatsby is also my best friend's favorite book (mine is Tess of the D'Urbervilles) I read it last year and thought it was well written although I tend to prefer 19th century British literature.

Crunchy Pickle (crunchypickle) | 11 comments The book was really interesting but I didn't like any of the characters much.

Katie (neonyetireads) Crunchy wrote: "Hi! I'm new and so I was wondering who picks the books we read. You do right?
Anyway, the great Gatsby is also my best friend's favorite book (mine is Tess of the D'Urbervilles) I read it last year..."

We have a monthly poll that is up on the main page of the group for the members to vote on!

Crunchy Pickle (crunchypickle) | 11 comments Oh cool!

message 7: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet I am glad that I read the book. The characters were shallow and affected, thus annoying. I lived in that area as a child, so the setting was enjoyable. Now I know why my parents were keen on Great Neck.

Kelsey Carlile (kelsey0516) | 2 comments It was a good book. I think it's a tad bit over rated. I had to read it twice for it to make sense which is not very common for me! It may be cliche but Gatsby is my favorite character he has several layers to him.