Art Lovers discussion

Just For Fun > Can you solve the Mondrian squares riddle?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments

Mondrian Squares Riddle by Gord Hamilton

Dutch artist Piet Mondrian’s abstract, rectangular paintings inspired mathematicians to create a two-fold challenge. Can you solve the puzzle and get to the lowest score possible?

https://ed.ted.com/lessons/can-you-so...

Post your answer in the comments below. This is not a challenge against each other, but against yourself. Try it as many times as you'd like and see how low you can go! Comment, also if you have something to say!

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1957 comments Eek! No way.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments Haha you’re funny Ruth!

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments Nobody want to try this?

message 5: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments I don`t understand what the problem is and it is of little interest to me to do so. Sorry, Heather, I am not going to go with you on this one.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments Aww Geoffrey! Lol no worries! It’s more math so not really relevant except that it uses Mondrian squares. That’s all.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even know where to start! I had to cheat and look at the answer. I didn’t even try myself.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments Besides, Geoffrey, you are usually so active on other threads that are started or continued. You rock this group! And it is for ART after all.

message 8: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments I hang my head in shame.

message 9: by Heather (last edited Jul 06, 2018 11:58PM) (new)

Heather | 8536 comments Awww Geoffrey! Why do you say that? I was not being facetious! You rock!