What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Heir of Autumn (Heartstone Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Heir of Autumn
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy world, set where magics corrupted half the world. A prince and his magician lover saves the kingdom. Title has the word 'autumn', first in series. Spoilers ahead [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chong (new)

Chong Jia | 2 comments I read this around 2009-2012, bought from a bookstore, but unfortunately could not find it after moving houses.

I do not remember how exactly it all went, but I remember some interesting details. The world was set where all the magicians unleashed the corruption of their magic, and almost all forms of magic (10 types) died with it, except for one type which is fueled with sex. A kingdom was established, and the nobles were titled after the four seasons.

I remember there was a scene where Lady Winter, Lady Summer, Lady Spring and Lady Autumn tried to save the female protagonist (sex magician) from a mind-control spell. I remember that the prince was somehow exiled, (he was from one of the four seasons noble families), and he lost his virginity to a female companion.

The teacher of the female protagonist was the villain. And in the end, she trapped the corruption of magic into the mind of the prince. Oh, and the nobles had a unique crystal/gem necklace associated with them. The corrupted magic was funnelled into the gem necklace of the prince, and he was left comatose.

I remember from excerpts that the next book in the series was about how the prince was changed after the corruption, and teamed up with another female villain.

That is probably the most I can remember from the book. It has been ages and I really do want to read/finish the series, if only I remember what series it was in the first place!

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Can't say for sure whether all the details match, as I haven't read it myself, but I did some googling and found Heir of Autumn by Giles Carwyn and Todd Fahnestock, which looks promising. Could it be your book?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Heir of Autumn by Giles Carwyn - Annamariah's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=cqK... There are different cover images.

message 4: by Chong (new)

Chong Jia | 2 comments Thanks Annamariah and Kris. That was the right book.

message 5: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Great! You're welcome :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heir of Autumn (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Giles Carwyn (other topics)