Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Death of a Citizen (Matt Helm, #1)
This topic is about Death of a Citizen
Group Reads Archive > July 2018 Random Read Group Read Part II: Death of a Citzen by Matt Helm *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4810 comments Mod
Death of a Citizen is our July group read. Drop by and read and discuss it with us.

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments This is one of my favorite series. It's a shame it got such a bad name due to the silly Dean Martin movies. Helm is a very tough minded & Hamilton always has his facts right when it comes to guns. He really knows the land, too. In the book following this one, Helm is in Sweden hunting both men & moose through country that Hamilton described well for hunting magazines in his nonfiction articles.

M.E. | 23 comments I'll be starting a few days late, but am really looking forward to this one. I've read three or four of the later novels in the series and really liked them.

message 4: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments I was so happy when Titan decided to reprint these. My originals are just that, so almost as old as I am. That's ancient for a paperback. To make things even better, Skyboat Media is producing them as audiobooks with Stefan Rudnicki narrating. His voice is perfect for Helm. About half are done so far with 3 more due out this year.

I'm peeved with Donald Hamilton's son, though. Part of the deal when they reissued these was to be able to finally publish the final Matt Helm novel. Donald wrote it, but the publishers decided it had been too many years so declined. With the new copies all printed now, we should have seen it, but apparently it's tied up in some possible movie deal. Not reason enough.

M.E. | 23 comments Jim wrote: "Skyboat Media is producing them as audiobooks with Stefan Rudnicki narrating"

I have a several horror audio books where Stefan Rudnicki narrates. He's fantastic! I'd rate him up there with Tim Curry's performances.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) I'm in for this one but won't be starting for a couple weeks. Travel basketball season is in full swing and it's all I can do to keep my head above water.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Death of a Citizen (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stefan Rudnicki (other topics)